Manufacturing Test Engineer
Eaton’s eMobility Division has an opening for a:
Manufacturing Test Engineer
Location: Montrottier, Lyon Region
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company that values employees inclusion and diversity? Then join the Eaton team and help us provide sustainable and innovative solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
You will join our eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing massive growth following various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures energy converters primarily used in the automotive industry.
You will be responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing Electronic Test processes and contributing to continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the Eaton Power Electronics’s organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Your key deliverables:
- Develops and maintains robust, cost efficient Electronic Manufacturing Test processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices and Eaton’s safety standards. Must be mindful of Electronic Power test processes (30KX to 150KW) and Functional test capabilities on new product, i.e. OnBoardCharger/DC-DC Converter & Inverter.
- Demonstrates ability to understand source(s) of variation and identify impact of tolerance stacks in electronic testing. Understands application of SPC and gage R&R. Ensure Electronic test capabilities (tools & Manufacturing instructions) along product lifetime.
- Participates in concurrent engineering efforts in international context, critical design reviews, Design For Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as growth opportunities. Guaranty implementation of Electronic Test Manufacturing design guideline in Product/Process couple in new product development.
- Influences new product development projects using ProLaunch as a tool to articulate deliverables and a vehicle to commit to schedules and improve manufacturability.
- Develop/validate manufacturing Test processes and toolings to reach project targets in term of quality/cost/timing. To guaranty Test equipment/ product transfert to production sites (installation, validation, maintenance & operator training), and their duplication if required.
- Define test impact and workload coming from Modification request.
- Assists in the composition of Capital Appropriation Requests for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies, for new product introduction or continuous improvement, as required.
- Propose new Electronic Test technologies and standards suitable to Eaton & customer’s economic environment, for high power electrical vehicle.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering field
- 5 years’ in the same role
- Knowledge of Power Electronic product – i.e. High Voltage/Current, Electronic converters, Inverter .
- Expert in functional electronic manufacturing test processes (ICT, FCT, Dielectric, Run-In, Burn-In) and technical specifications to support facilities competencies.
- Knowledge in National Instrument® Software like TestStand® or LabVIEW®.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability – i.e. regression analysis, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Working knowledge of engineering design and product reliability concepts as to facilitate analysis of electronic circuits, etc.
- Understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gage R & R, Control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Microsoft Project, MiniTab; knowledge of Computer Aided Design /
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e. IATF).
- Good leadership attitude and ability to engage the teams for achieving the goals
- Fluent in English
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time