Resident electronics engineer - eMobility
Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company that values employees inclusion and diversity ? Then join the Eaton team and help us provide sustainable and innovative solutions that make a real impact. We make what matters work. To find out more about us check: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
IN A NUTSHELL :
You will join our new eMobility Division, which is currently experiencing massive growth thanks to various recent major wins. eMobility designs and manufactures innovative energy converters and associated power distribution and protection systems, primarily used in the automotive industry. You will be responsible to provide technical assistance to our partners in their own factory. We are looking for a seasoned electronics engineer with solid experience within the automotive field.
YOUR MAIN DUTIES :
- Establish and maintain good working relationship with the partners as a representative of Eaton and act as voice of the customer
- Update vehicle and system bench content.
- Work as a calibration engineer for high voltage inverters
- Assist the partners with debugging on the bench and in the vehicle
- Help debug hardware, software and instrumentation integration issues
- Monitor issues the partners are facing and figure out how to duplicate the issue and relay that information back to the development team
- Help to resolve engineering issues with the product team
- Support product and vehicle launch including assembly plant test and service
- Participate in validation and testing of hardware and software releases and software patches
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferred, ideally in electronics
- Good knowledge of Power Electronics and embedded software
- Understanding of the automotive’s electrical architectures and communication protocols, knowledge of automotive product development and testing
- Usage of validation/calibration tools such as ETAS INCA, Vector CANalyzer, dSPACE ControlDesk
- Relevant experience with Serial Communications: CAN, UDS, CCP, XCP, Flexray
- Fluent English
Important notice: the successful candidate will be subject to background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time