Lead Electrical Engineer
Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Lead Electrical Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The Lead Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design, specification and implementation of Eaton electrical systems to support production equipment and manufacturing processes, including machine guarding and controls, tooling, fixtures, gauges, material handling, and process documentation. In this role, you will support and provide production associates the tools required to perform the job in a manner to meet all requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will standardize electrical systems throughout Jackson plant, including infrastructure (plant grid planning / costs savings / carbon footprint reduction) and equipment needs (PLC logic / component / electrical design)
- You will define Safety (Mesh 8.0 “Machine & equipment safeguarding”) roll out plan, inclusive of defining electrical safety systems to support Mesh 8.0, standardizing/verifying safety related electrical design, providing engineering support for EHS projects, and defining an electrical safety program for Jackson plant
- You will support the M.E.S. (industry 4.0) roll out by defining equipment needs, data collection, creating real time dashboards, implementing predictive maintenance systems/alerts on key equipment features (i.e. fault codes), and developing PLC logic to support the collection of analysis of manufacturing data for process improvements.
- You will develop automation projects within value streams by supporting Value Steam managers and PLC programming standards/error proofing strategy/Industry 4.0
- You will design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP)
- You will ensure processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma tools
- You will use AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Masters in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with EHS electrical design and standardization
- Experience in electronic system fault diagnostics and reporting
- Experience with RFID for material tracking
- Experience with electrical design and execution of automation projects
- Knowledge of Industry 4.0 (Predictive maintenance / Human machine interface)
Ability to provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as required to achieve a flawless launch.
Ability to perform electronic development tasks like system architecture and circuit design to ensure compliance of all functional, performance, and environmental requirements.
Ability to research, recommend, innovate, architect, and evaluate new electronic technology and designs.
Ability to define expectations for 3rd party safety reviews
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to work with electrical suppliers and purchasing to procure equipment, tooling, and supplies as required.
Ability to work with maintenance to improve our predictive maintenance programs on key processes.
Ability to mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies, processes, and lean concepts.
Ability to work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and testing of products produced.
Ability to collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in design and improvement of processes.
Ability to implement standards for equipment and process sign off and approvals. Specify electrical run off criteria, equipment support documentation.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time