Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Kings Mountain, North Carolina facility.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be a member of the Kings Mountain Senior Leadership Team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving manufacturing excellence and building organizational capability in the Engineering Department. Responsibilities include successful achievement of plant and department objectives through planning, organizing, and managing the plant’s overall manufacturing and process engineering activities in support of operations. Provides the necessary technical direction for New Product Launch, productivity, and reduction of overall product cost, while meeting product schedules.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will serve as an active member of the Kings Mountain Senior Leadership team, fulfilling leadership duties and providing input for strategy, direction & continuous improvement
- You will develop strategic plans to identify and address current and future challenges for department & plant
- You will conduct performance reviews to improve organizational performance
- You will manage the Engineering Department, including Manufacturing Engineering, Systems Engineering, Tool Design, Maintenance, Facilities, and Program Management.
- You will assist with timely development and implementation of operating capacity plan, facilities programs, business systems, product changes, and introductions.
- You will manage, develop, recommend, and implement approved capital programs to support the profit and strategic plans.
- You will direct engineering services in implementing changes to all factory operations.
- You will provide support for EHS (Environmental, Health, & Safety) procedures and training, to drive a Zero Incident Culture across the plant. Serve as a MESH (Management of Environmental, Health & Safety) Category Champion, as assigned.
- You will initiate, support and lead continuous improvement activities within the department through effective deployment of assessment and lean tools (Value Stream Mapping, Rapid Improvement Events, A3 Problem Solving, Work Station Risk Assessments, PFMEA and other Eaton Business System Tools) to drive efficiency and results.
- You will schedule, lead and communicate departmental priorities with the team and coordinate activities with other functions within the plant.
- You will execute flawless launch of new products as required.
- You will focus on Critical Outputs: Department strategic plan and achievement of department balanced scorecard measures
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing people.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
- Minimum 1 year experience in a program and/or project management role
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Good working knowledge and experience with operational improvement tools such as Lean, Six-Sigma, problem solving/decision making
- Experience and technical knowledge in the following areas: Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Plant Engineering, Production Planning, Quality Control, metal cutting, fabrication and machine application.
- Strong interpersonal skills used for the review, motivation, and development of direct reports in addition to building relationships with internal customers and external vendors
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support departmental requirements.
- Assure timely implementation of capital plans and operating plans.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism through effective selection, training, and development of staff.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Automotive experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time