Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Eaton is seeking a 2nd shift Supervisor for its Crouse-Hinds Distribution Center located in Roanoke, Virginia.
We make what matters work. Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because that’s what really matters. Our employees make sure it works.
• Ethical –We play by the rules and act with integrity. We are proud of our actions.
• Passionate -- We care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
• Accountable -- We seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
• Efficient -- We value speed and simplicity.
• Transparent -- We say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
• Learn – We are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
These values enable us to tackle some of the most important opportunities on the planet, never losing sight of what matters. As a team, we have the power to make a difference.
As a Supervisor you will work with a wide range of people in varying roles across the organization, including hourly associates, other support personnel within the facility, personnel at other facilities and outside suppliers to meet daily shipment and receiving goals. This position will be attractive for a self-starter who enjoys navigating through the challenges and rewards of leading people and improving processes. In this role,
- You will supervise the daily activities of the warehouse floor operations, motivating your team to ensure that operations are productive, safe and accurate.
- You will provide support to your team by ensuring timely answers to questions or by steering them to the appropriate information sources, and by providing a workplace where associates can grow and develop.
- You will help to interview and select new members for your team and assure that new or transferred associates are adequately trained to meet the requirements of their positions.
- You will manage time and attendance for your team.
- You will offer counseling and coaching regarding things such as performance and company policy.
- You will be an active member of the site’s leadership team and help to support site initiatives and operational changes.
- You will engage with your team to identify opportunities to improve processes, and be a champion for change.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required
- 2 years of leadership experience is required
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50-mile radius of the Roanoke, VA facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Management or technical discipline
- SAP experience
- Previous warehouse / distribution center / shipping / receiving experience
- Lean / six sigma experience
- Participative leadership style
- Goal orientation
- Computer proficiency
- Project management skills
- Coaching and counseling skills
- Ability to inspire and motivate
You give us your best, we’ll reward you well. Eaton strives to provide industry competitive, employee well-being focused benefits and programs globally. Some of the programs offered are:
Healthcare/retirement savings programs to support you now and as you plan for the future
Wellness programs and resources to support the wellbeing of you and your family
Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
Paid time off with vacation, and holiday observance
- Donation matching
Recognition programs for a wide range of achievements
Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No