Havant, Hampshire/United Kingdom
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization.
Manufacturing Engineer - CNC Machining
Your key deliverables
- Support the CNC machining operations
- Implement methods and practices to reduce variation
- Conduct designed experiments and understands application of SPC and Gauge R&R
- Participate in concurrent engineering efforts and critical design reviews to minimize product development costs and maximize useful life of products
- Conduct Design for Manufacturing and value engineering initiatives as applicable
- Develop work breakdown structures as a tool to develop cost estimates
- Participate in New Product Development projects using ProLaunch
- Act as manufacturing liaison for products from inception through shipment to customer
- Participate in cost-out events and promote culture of continuous improvement/lean manufacturing techniques
- Develop and integrate new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Compose Capital Appropriation
- Requests for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies
- Assist leadership team and others in performing work load analysis and resource optimization
- Communicate vision of organization. Interpret the strategic plan for purpose of developing goals for self
- Design and develop facility layout and process organization to optimize efficiency and eliminate waste
- Having a detailed knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies – i.e. machining, CNC Operation, tool design, process design / layouts, product testing?
- Mindful of process and test capabilities?
- Able to manage multiple projects on a timely basis?
- Possessing relevant experience in engineering design and product reliability concepts?
- Knowledgeable in lean manufacturing techniques/ Six Sigma concepts and tools?
Possessing understanding of ProLaunch / APQP New Product Introduction processes?
Knowledgeable in various software applications – i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab?
Knowledgeable of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, TS19649)?
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time