Eaton’s Residential Wiring Devices division is currently seeking a Senior Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for planning inventory levels and procurement of an assigned group of production materials. In this role, you will maintain electronic communication network standards, execution, and procedures.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Interview and negotiate with current/prospective vendors on pricing, delivery, terms, and stocking programs.
- Ensure timely and effective flow of materials into the plant, establishing inventory and down time at a minimum.
- Recommend awarding of purchases and contracts based on quotations and lowest possible price.
- Gather necessary information to contribute to the selection process when considering suppliers, according to environmental health and safety requirements.
- Forecast market trends of assigned commodities affecting material and service availability and costs.
- Conduct negotiations with vendors involving replacement of materials that do not conform to our specifications.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience in purchasing or production planning/procurement
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Working knowledge of corporate and plant purchasing policies.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Understanding of MRP
- APICS certification
- Knowledge of the end use of commodities purchased and commodities market.
- Experience with plant operations, practices, and department procedures
- Experience with plant computer systems and software. ERP - Oracle
Position Success Criteria :
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and technical specifications
- Ability to conduct value analysis programs
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time