Order Picker - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Order Picker to join our first shift team. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
The Order Picker is responsible for picking various types of orders as assigned while maintaining the required production levels, inventory accuracy, quality of orders picked and maintaining good housekeeping. This is a warehouse position requiring the use of powered equipment such as end riders/electric pallet jacks and in some cases, narrow aisle reach forklifts.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will ensure that all orders are free from defects including order accuracy, carton conditions, and general appearance.
- You will check all orders for special comments and notes and making sure that they are understood and followed.
- You will identify nonconforming product when found in a pick location.
- You will be responsible to ensure that any single miscellaneous carton does not exceed approximately 25 lbs.
- You will be responsible for making sure that material in miscellaneous cartons are packed into the smallest carton available in order to maintain quality during shipment.
- Communicate any issues to lead and/or manager.
- Be flexible, ability to adapt to changing schedule (i.e hot orders, drop-in orders).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Charlotte, NC will be considered for this position
- Minimum of 1 year experience in a warehouse or production environment
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating an end-rider (riding electric pallet jack)
- Possesses solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrates a “can do” attitude and a sense of urgency
- Must be quality and cost oriented
- Lifting up to 30 lbs several times during the day
- Experience operating an end-rider/electric pallet jack
- 1 year experience in RF technology
- When operating powered equipment, operators must be mobile enough to turn their body to look in the direction of travel
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No