Lead Safety Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Lead Safety Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI; Marshall, MI; or Southfield, MI facility.
The Lead Safety Engineer will work within the Industrial Sector Reliability, Maintainability, and Safety (RMS) CoE. The primary purpose of this role is to lead comprehensive functional safety analyses for Eaton’s Vehicle Group.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will define and oversee deployment of a Safety Plan for new product development projects per ISO-26262 standard.
- You will perform systems hazard analysis to identify and rank potential system hazards and associated safety goals.
- You will perform Fault Tree Analysis for systems hazards to identify system level technical safety requirements.
- You will work with hardware and software teams to establish hardware and software safety requirements to support safety goals.
- You will develop and track hardware and software verification /validation plans.
- You will support Safety Certifications of systems through safety documentation.
- You will support continuous improvement activities associated to safety processes and training for Eaton’s Vehicle Group.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Systems, or Controls Engineering from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 6 years experience in technical role in Electrical, Systems, or Controls Engineering
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI; Marshall, MI; or Southfield, MI
- Master’s Degree in Electrical, Systems, or Controls Engineering from an accredited institution
- Experience with developing and launching new products preferred
- Vehicle Experience (Automotive, Commercial Truck) preferred
- Experience in systems analysis tools preferred: Boundary Diagram, Functional Block Diagram; Parameter Diagram, Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA), Verification & Validation Processes
- Certification in ISO-26262 process or IEC-61508 process preferred
- Demonstrated technical skill in electrical systems, controls, and/or software development
- Great initiative and leadership potential
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time