Data Science Engineer
Do you enjoy applying data science to help end users visualize data?
Do you believe that big data efficacy is enabled by the cloud?
Do you like the challenge of collecting big data from multiple platforms and to use that data to arrive at common and shared decision points?
Are you looking for a professional, dedicated, and high energy work environment?
Do you wish to lead the predictive analytics effort within such an environment?
My name is George Navarro, and if all the answers are yes, then I might have just the right opportunity for you!
Predictive analytics using modern statistics to improve value for our customers by helping us move product services and maintenance operations to the cloud.
Guiding and directing the design & development & coding of software modules used to implement your analytics encompassing web-page design, cybersecurity, and product connectivity.
The deployment of a shared, reusable, secure, scalable software and IT infrastructure in support of Eaton’s UPS and Power Quality products deployed to customer sites on a global scale.
From day 1 to collaborate with Product and Engineering teams in the deployment of predictive analytic platform that resides in the cloud.
Hands on the project, learn the Eaton Power Quality product portfolio.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis along with creating automated anomaly detection systems and tracking performance.
- To live and work in the beautiful Raleigh, NC area.
A professional dedication to the design and success of products and solutions
A cultural thirst for predictive analytics and the potential that it offers
The patience and mentorship to enable you to learn our products and technologies
To interact with multi-national teams including visiting Eaton design engineering groups located worldwide.
To apply your versatility including leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
To help formulate and document the best practices and architectural roadmaps needed to develop and manage highly resilient data solutions
Develop algorithms for retrieving, analyzing and visualizing data.
Apply statistical analysis on mission critical power equipment data to drive decision making concerning reliability and maintenance.
Extract useful statistics and usage profiles from mission critical power equipment operating at customer sites.
Develop visualization methods to communicate data in a meaningful and actionable manner.
Apply machine learning algorithms to model life expectancy and degradation trends and create predictive maintenance schemes for mission critical equipment
Work closely with other R&D and engineering organizations within Eaton to maintain advanced data analytics algorithms
Serve as a subject matter expert within the area of Data Analytics for the division. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with the external technical community and academia, active participation in industry or technical groups and events, publishing papers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution with 3 years data analytics experience
- OR Master’s degree with emphasis in Reliability, Analytics or Data Science from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Three years of experience working with advanced machine learning and data mining technologies applied to a technical field.
- Knowledge of R programming language or Python
- Experience in data visualization techniques. Ability to convey complex analyses with the most efficient and intuitive visual methods. Ability to effectively communicate findings.
- Experience in machine learning algorithm development.
- Experience with reliability analytical methods (Weibull analysis, reliability growth analysis, etc.)
- Teamwork skills and demonstrated ability to work with cross-disciplinary teams.
- Experience working in diverse cultural situations with global customers and team members
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence others
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to demonstrate technical learning and can learn new skills, knowledge, industry, product or technical knowledge
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively interact with others, establishing open, candid, and trusting relationships
- Ability to make good decisions based upon analysis, experience, global and cultural factors and judgment
- Ability to demonstrate strategic thinking, including seeing the big picture and motivating others towards common goal
- Knows and practices Design for Six Sigma
- Strong business acumen and the ability to understand and formulate compelling value propositions, and to understand and drive through value and adoption chains.
- Experience in building production grade machine learning and data mining solutions for reliability analysis, electrical power components and system diagnostics and prognostics is highly desired.
- Software development skills in one or more high level languages (C/C++/Python/Java/R) and rapid prototyping platform (MATLAB/SIMULINK). Expertise with a machine learning tools (Weka, R, RapidMiner, etc.) and experience with AWS or Azure is a plus.
- Experience in leading projects with multiple stakeholders in matrix organizations and strong program management skills.
- Ability to apply six sigma methodologies including QFD, design of experiments, and reliability engineering during their work. Green belt or black belt certification in DFSS or DMAIC is highly desired.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD CPS Critical Power Solutions
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only