Senior Production Associate
- You will perform assigned function from oral and/or written instructions, drawings, or other manufacturing information.
- You will handle materials in accordance with established procedures.
- You will perform routine maintenance on all plant equipment in area of assignment as required.
- You will maintain quality standards by inspecting and testing finished products to ensure conformance with specifications and codes.
- You will maintain expected progress of jobs in area of assignment and communicate problem areas or parts shortages.
- You will handle all finished products for shipment; call carriers and load materials into carrier's vehicles.
- You will observe good housekeeping and safety procedures and keep equipment, tools and work area clean and orderly by performing 5-S duties and continued dedication to raising the bar.
- You will lift 35 lbs. with reasonable accommodation as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school required
- Minimum of 2 years manufacturing, production, or military experience OR a degree in a technical discipline
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Eaton El Paso, TX facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Forklift driver certification
- Experience with supply chain systems (AS400, MAPICS)
- Experience in electrical equipment manufacturing and assembly (panelboards / switchboards preferred)
- Experience in electrical equipment maintenance / installation
- Experience using various tools, including: Manual/electric/pneumatic tools, drill press, press brake, fork truck, jib crane, template/fixtures, hand carts, measuring and testing equipment, storage/packaging materials and prescribed safety equipment.
- Must be able to interact and contribute in a small team environment.
- Know and follow established job specific and facility wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management's attention or correct those they can.
- Participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities:
- Develop job safety analysis and safe working procedures.
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Accident, near-miss accident or potential hazard investigations.
- Keep other employees aware of health and safety practices and activities by observing fellow employee work practices and incorporating safety.
- Maintain housekeeping in work area.
- Maintain health and safety equipment in good working order.
- Participate in health and safety training.
- Participate in providing suggestions for the health and safety program improvement.
- Know and implement regulatory compliance requirements in their work area.
- Wear and maintain required and as applicable task specific PPE (personal protective equipment).
- Wear required eye protection and steel toe shoes on shop floor.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time