Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for its Crouse-Hinds Division. The Manufacturing Engineer position will be located at its Syracuse, NY facility.
Position Overview :
Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer. The Manufacturing Engineer will be based at our Windsor, CT facility. The primary function of the role is to design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the launch of new products. All manufacturing processes need to meet the environmental, safety and health compliance requirements for the facility and maintain compliance with Eaton’s MESH requirements. This position will directly report to the Operations Manager, Airport Lighting Products.
Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products' systems comprise a wide range of solutions, applications, and products for critical airfield operational elements. An innovative leader in airport lighting, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products expects excellence when responding to the demands of the industry - light by light, airport by airport - all across the world. Our products respond not only to the changing demands of our customers, but also the global shift toward computerized control and monitoring of lighting systems. With an eye to the future, Eaton's Crouse-Hinds Airport Lighting Products illuminates the way.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
· You will work closely with product engineering in product changes/new product introductions.
· You will provide technical support/training to direct labor employees.
· You will develop and implement ergonomic changes in the manufacturing setting.
· You will design and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and the launch of new products.
· You will be the main operational support for new product launches including sourcing.
· You will devise and implement concepts/ideas for design of equipment and manufacturing processes.
· You will conduct cost evaluations for existing product lines.
· You will evaluate vendor proposals for new equipment.
· You will assist in implementing and updating Value Stream Maps.
· You will provide engineering support to manufacturing operations.
· You will assist manufacturing personnel out on the floor troubleshooting equipment & systems and addressing product quality issues.
· You will assist in developing and implementing cost reduction initiatives through continuous improvement (kaizen) events.
· You will lead, organize, implement global product line expansion, as appropriate.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
· Bachelor’s degree in engineering required from an accredited institution.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
· This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No