BSC Finance Manager
Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for :
BSC Finance Manager
Location: Hungary - Budapest
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
This is a management role within the Finance Function of the Budapest Business Centre. The Budapest Business Centre works in partnership with our internal customers to provide a range of services to all our divisions in the EMEA region.
The focus of this role is to ensure the effective delivery of all key US GAAP finance activities for the BSC in Budapest including monthly actuals, balance sheet management, profit planning, forecasting and cost management of the Budapest ledgers in line with the Eaton financial cycle. This role is also responsible for the Hungarian statutory reporting and compliance activities for all entities in Hungary.
The role requires experience of people management, excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus. It requires effective management of the end to end processes to ensure best practice leading processes are adopted, and maintained, to ensure the optimal automation is in place, and is fully in line with Eaton policies, Standard Accounting Principles, and meets customer expectations.
Your key deliverables :
- Ensure the delivery of all standard US GAAP Accounting Processes including month end, balance sheet reconciliations, analysis, reporting systems governance and maintenance, site support and finance planning and analysis of the Hungarian ledgers and BSC financials in line with requirements. Effectively manage end-to-end processes to ensure best practice leading processes are adopted to ensure optimal automations are in place and are fully in line with Eaton policy, and meeting customer expectations.
- Manage and deliver all monthly forecasting and annual profit planning in line with requirements for Budapest Facilities, Electrical & Finance cost center in line with requirements. Deliver annual profit planning, all rolling forecast, detailed monthly analysis and reporting requirements. Ensure we deliver in line with Plan and forecast and drive a year on year cost saving of 10%. Primarily represent local Finance with all other budget owners and controllers in terms of Budapest site controlling and statutory compliance matters
- Manage and drive the successful delivery of full Statutory Compliance for all the Hungarian legal entities (physical preparation of the work for the Budapest based entities, and review of the Gyor based entity filings). This includes Statutory Accounts, Corporation Tax returns, VAT returns, Income Tax returns, statistical returns and any other reporting or compliance matter that is deemed necessary. Ensure that all compliance work delivered local statutory submission deadlines and requirements. Can turn to Country Cluster Controller in case of queries. Support Tax initiatives and Audits as necessary
- Ensuring resources within the team are deployed effectively, and efficiently in order to manage customer expectations regarding timely delivery of a high quality product - demonstration of a strong customer focus is key.
- Ensure an appropriate controls framework is in place resulting in SOX compliance by taking the lead as Sox coordinator for Finance Budapest, and drive a strong accounting and governance culture throughout the accounting team through continuous development and coaching.
- Train and develop SOX validators and ensure successful validation is completed in line with corporate SOX timetable and ensure appropriate documentation is regularly reviewed and updated
- Manage effectively all queries, issues and offer timely solutions to customers. Provide effective communication to customers and ensuring their expectations are appropriately managed.
- Manage the Pune relationship by effective process control review, SLA review and annual goal alignment.
- Build strong network and working relationships with stakeholders and operations leaders with a particular focus on Finance functions across EMEA. Expand this out to incorporate finance impacted functions from an end to end process perspective and incorporate any global impacts to ensure service delivery in line with customer expectations.
- Drive the SME team to ensure effective review of existing business processes with a view to implementing necessary improvements throughout the GFSS and Country Controller organisations.
- Support and drive all technical accounting and statutory accounting as per Eaton adopted accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage internal and external relationships including WHQ, EHQ, External Audit , Internal audit, and all operations across EMEA and ensure quality service is provided in line with expectations.
- Fully manage the E&Y relationship for the Budapest site including all external audit requirements.
- Provide team organizational goals and full development planning across the finance team including coaching and mentoring in technical finance experience and core competencies.
- Drive BOC across the finance team and work internally to expand on cross functional finance growth opportunities across all finance functions to ensure successful succession planning
- Be part of the local BSC Leadership team and drive and support the vision and strategy for the Centre
- Act as an ambassador for the Budapest Excellence program
- Ensure that the Concur T&E management process runs smoothly and ensure that related system and process enhancements are in place
- Manage migration and transition activities and drive it to business as usual at the BSC from local Finance management perspective (e.g. centralis)
A professional with a problem solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a focus on tax and financial management – than please apply.
- The role requires 5-7 years’ experience in a finance position including management
- Extensive finance / general accounting knowledge
- Extensive Local GAAP experience across EMEA
- Professional Accounting Qualification
- Proven experience in managing and developing a finance function in a challenging environment
- Demonstrable strong leadership skills
- Proven track record in delivering process improvement initiatives
- Previous experience of finance modules, ideally Oracle and/or SAP
- Ability to deal with a range of issues efficiently and in a timely manner
- Be very solutions driven, analytical and capable of delivering results
- Experienced in providing a high standard of customer care
- Able to work within a large, multi-cultural organization with international stakeholders
- Effective communication, evaluation and problem solving skills
- Strong cross/multi-cultural background and experience; sensitive to cultural differences
- Strong understanding and experience with US GAAP; exposure to Sarbanes Oxley
What Eaton offers:
Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is really important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day.
Learning & Development- We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time