Environmental, Health and Safety Manager
Eaton’s Engineering Systems and Services group is currently seeking a Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Milton, Canada location.
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, and as a key member of the Plant Leadership team, the incumbent is responsible for working closely with local stakeholders to drive EH&S activities, systematically identify & mitigate risk, and build a Zero Incident Safety Culture. The incumbent will serve as a mentor/trainer, and subject matter expert, ultimately responsible for developing and deploying a strategy to ensure EH&S compliance and sustainable continuous improvement to the Milton EH&S Management System. While this role focuses primarily on Milton operations, it also includes responsibility for providing EH&S support, as required, to the CDN Headquarters (Burlington).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
Responsibilities related to People coordination;
- Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and hazards
- Provide ongoing training, at all levels, of EH&S systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation
- Liaise with external regulatory, advisory, certification and registration bodies
- Pursue and implement the Eaton Values and Philosophy Statements
- Provide leadership with Eaton’s management system for environment, health, safety and security (MESH). Maintain a positive commitment to the prevention of pollution and protection of the environment by following the ISO 14000 environmental procedures, work instructions and other operational controls
- Act as the EH&S Management Representative for all end/3rd party certifications; Chair local Joint Health & Safety Committee (JHSC) and facilitate monthly workplace inspections to identify & address hazards
Responsibilities related to Process and/or Development;
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with EHS policies and procedures as outlined in MESH, the ISO 14001 system, or as required by relevant legislation
- Responsible for oversight of the security program related to MESH Global Minimum Standards
- Drive the continuous improvement of all EH&S related activities by facilitating effective preventative/corrective action, empowering & mentoring/developing MESH Category Champions and other site employees to advance the maturity of the overall EH&S program, in accordance with MESH & ISO 14001
- Manage the internal audit program for all EH&S systems
- Establish and maintain Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and metrics
- Review and participate in investigation and reporting of any workplace incidents and ensure robust corrective actions are identified and implemented
- Drive continuous improvement by implementing effective loss control measures to systematically reduce accidents and injuries
- Become actively involved in the planning and installation of new equipment, hazard analysis and solutions to alleviate hazards or potential hazards
- Monitor and administer Early and Safe Return to Work Programs for all occupational and non-occupational illnesses/injuries
- Provide leadership implementing the Eaton Lean System (ELSS) and the Eaton Quality Management System (EQMS)
- Adhere to ISO 9001 quality procedures and work instructions, integrating/harmonizing with ISO 14001 wherever possible, and actively participate in the quality improvement process
Responsibilities related to Project Management and/or Development;
- Collect, analyze and publish applicable data
- Ensure the integrity of all EH&S documentation
- Travel to other Eaton operations, as required
- Perform other duties as required
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Post-Secondary education from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 4 years EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 80 km of Milton, ON will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the Canada without company sponsorship
- Bachelor degree from an accredited institution.
- CRSP Designation and/or P.Eng would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing processes and Six Sigma Tools preferred
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively facilitate with cross functional teams
- Ability to deal with/manage conflict and resistance to change preferred
- Highly motivated, self-starting, enthusiastic, results oriented team player.
- Strong MS Office skills; PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time