Eaton’s North America Truck Group is seeking a Materials Shipping Supervisor. This position will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
The primary responsibility of this position is to supervise a team of materials handlers in an automotive manufacturing facility to ensure that materials flow and replenishment of finished product meet customer on-time-delivery expectations. This position assists the Materials Business Team Leader in driving metrics for the Materials Department and supervises approximately 3 lead operators and 25 material handlers. Supplementary responsibilities include creating and distributing reports for Kings Mountain assembly and / or manufacturing departments, monitoring KPIs and driving continuous improvement initiatives to balance material handlers and improve delivery time to the line. As our system evolves and matures, the position responsibilities will evolve and change to meet our business needs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Supervise Materials Team, making sure appropriate materials are delivered to the line based on business necessities. Maintain a positive work atmosphere while planning and facilitating the team’s work in line with established goals and objectives.
- Track materials downtime, analyzing root causes and action plans for control if needed
- Driving and supporting materials and plant continuous improvement activity.
- Communicate effectively with suppliers and Eaton Business Partners at all levels of the organization; collaborate with team members within the department, cross-functionally, across the organization, and with suppliers or other key contacts outside of the organization.
- Track and update daily, weekly, and monthly metrics and reports; drive improvements in key metrics (including safety, accuracy and quality, on-time delivery, financial performance, and excellence thru people). Manage documents and projects as assigned by Materials Business Team Leader
- Lead daily tier meetings; Attend weekly materials team meetings to review progress of the team goals & projects.
- Drive consistency and effectiveness through work standardization. Maintain work area housekeeping and drive department / team housekeeping efforts. Set the example by adhering to plant policies and procedures; assure adherence to plant policies and procedures by team members through accountability.
- Prepare and conduct annual and biannual performance appraisals for team members using the APEX tool. Conduct monthly / quarterly one-on-one discussions with direct reports to review their performance to their goals & objectives. Feedback will be based APEX Performance Management Goals & Objectives & Competencies, Materials Balanced Scorecard metrics, and Action-Item Tracking tool as well as on specific examples where they have or have not exhibited the desired behaviors.
- Support the planning of and activities on the day(s) of annual plant physical inventory.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Operations, Supply Chain, Business, or related field from an accredited institution
Minimum 1 year experience working in a Materials function
Minimum 1 year experience supervising others
Must have working knowledge of materials flow principles
Proficiency in MS Office
Legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship
Preferred Global Trade Management Experience
- 1+ year of experience working with Global Trade Management (GTM)
- Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business, or similar degree preferred. Master’s degree or MBA a plus
- Prefer 3+ years of experience managing people in a manufacturing, industrial or similar environment Previous experience in and knowledge of Assembly & Manufacturing Scheduling
- Proficiency in an MRP or ERP system (prior experience with Oracle a plus).
- 2+ years of experience in Global Trade Management
- Experience with lean manufacturing principles in a materials setting is helpful
- Able to use deductive reasoning to uncover root causes of problems
- ISO / TS16949 / IATF experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills used for the review, motivation, and development of direct reports in addition to building relationships with internal and external customers and support teams.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage cross-functional resources to support objectives
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only