Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Human Resource Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Worcester, MA facility.
The HR Manager will lead the Human Resources function for B-Line –Wright Line Business Unit, establishing solid business partnerships and driving functional excellence. Direct responsibility for approximately 200 employees in the United States, which includes responsibility for all functions across the business including, product management, engineering, manufacturing operations, supply chain, customer support, finance and human resources. Revenue responsibility of this group is approximately $60M. Develop, implement and validate human resources programs, policies and initiatives aligned with short and long-term business plans. Foster a culture in the organization that promotes employee involvement and engagement and a passion for customer excellence. Reports directly to the Plant Manager, Wright Line Operations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
1. Work with the division leadership, functional leaders and site leadership team to align human resources programs and initiatives with key business objectives. Drive unified plans that support operations and division business, financial and employee engagement objectives.
2. As strategic business partner, work with Leadership teams to set direction, priorities and culture expectations championing the Eaton Business System (EBS).
3. Lead cycles of improvement for this recently acquired Business Unit, ensuring alignment of key programs and initiatives with the Eaton Business System, and driving change management plans to maximize employee ownership and engagement.
4. Drive HR functional excellence through Eaton programs, ensuring quality of process and content and alignment with the Eaton Business System to achieve goals and objectives. Develop, optimize, document and standardize sustainable processes, sharing best practices across the division.
5. Manage and develop skills of the Human Resources team to support business initiatives and goals including functional reports. Encourage and drive best practice sharing across the division.
6. Build organizational capability through ownership of talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management and employee development. Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives. Foster a culture of manager ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
7. Drive positive employee relations to provide an optimal work environment for all employees. Effectively deploy communication plans and utilize assessment tools (e.g. the employee survey) to determine organizational issues and action plans. Exemplify and lead Eaton values, philosophy and ethics.
8. Foster a culture where ownership of health and safety is embraced by all employees.
9. Ensure compliance with all country, provincial, federal and state laws and compliance requirements.
10. Provide leadership guidance and mentoring. Develop and implement solutions to organizational challenges by leading/coaching others through change.
11. Facilitate a culture where best practices are shared across HR and the business and identify opportunities for synergy and integration between Electrical Sector Groups. Benchmark industry and local best practices to set stretch performance targets
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
Minimum 2 years of HR work experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Master’s Degree in human resources, labor relations, or an MBA from an accredited institution
1 year of experience managing direct reports, including professional salaried positions
Position Success Criteria :
Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, and workers’ compensation
Strong labor relations skills, including labor law knowledge, contract negotiations & daily contract administration
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD WL WrightLine
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time