Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Production Planner to join our team.
This position is based at our Highland, IL Divisional Headquarters.
The Production Planner has responsibility for developing and issuing executable, finite planned, production schedules for assigned work centers in order to meet or exceed customer service level goals. This includes verification of available capacity, materials, and tooling needed to execute production schedule. The Production Planner coordinates daily with the Production Supervisors and operators of the assigned work centers to validate or modify the production schedule in addition to help resolving issues affecting schedule adherence and customer service level performance. The Production Planner is also the primary point of contact for all customer service inquiries and issues and is responsible for providing accurate and timely lead time estimates and order status information.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will do production planning using finite planning methodology
- You will do detailed Capacity Planning
- You will communicate and coordinate with Production Supervisors, operators, and Customer Service regarding order status information.
- You will Initiate and participate in continuous improvement activities related to production planning, customer service and inventory management.
- You will review SAP data integrity for assigned work centers and materials.
- You will participate in Lean Daily Management System (LDMS) activities and support the factory tier process as required.
- You will manage and maintain inventory levels ensuring uninterrupted supply of parts while maintaining optimal inventory levels, along with ensuring customer reliability and meeting target inventory turns.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from accredited educational institution
- 1 year applicable work experience
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only applicants located within 50 miles of Highland, IL will be considered.
- No visa sponsorship is authorized for this position. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
- APICS CPIM/CSCP
- 5-7 years material management / material requirements planning / master production scheduling experience
- LEAN implementation experience a plus
- SAP experience
Position Success Criteria:
- Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
- High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
- Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time