Project Leader- SCM
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Project Lead-SCM that is responsible for managing supply chain cost out and localization projects. This position may be based out of our Maumee, OH or Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The initiatives involve leading supply chain projects to achieve direct material cost out and localized supply of critical components to position the Hydraulics business to higher level business goals and objectives. The projects are initiated, planned, controlled, executed and closed within a program portfolio management approach. Projects are executed by multi-functional teams using standard Eaton project management processes.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality; each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals can reach their full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Execute direct material cost out and localization sourcing projects to achieve the cost down and project schedule goals.
- Need to work with commodity manager and identify low cost opportunity in the market.
- Support the negotiation with supplier and work with plant to order material from low cost sources
- Work with engineering and plant to qualify alternate supplier and material to generate cost out and mitigate supplier risk.
- Lead projects through the standard sourcing process to define scope and requirements, complete risk planning and user technical reviews, manage the request for proposal process with external suppliers, manage APQP (Advanced Part Quality planning) phase of project, and manage project multifunctional phase gate reviews. Track status and planning in a program management portfolio tool and using MS project.
- Partner and collaborate with external suppliers, commodity managers and buyers, supply development engineers, manufacturing plants and engineering globally.
- Problem solve, deal effectively with conflicts and roadblocks, escalating as required.
- Assess supplier manufacturing capability to meet drawing and specification requirements
- Manage the supplier identification and selection within the scope of commodity strategy to support new product development
- Negotiate price with suppliers to meet and exceed target cost.
- Manage the supplier quality interface (APQP) to ensure that PPAP requirements are understood and met, including assisting in issue resolution for components identified as “high risk.” Interface with suppliers, Product Engineering, Central Buying, Commodity Management and the Eaton Plant to drive on-time project completion. Work projects through phase two, three and four of Pro launch through PPAP submission.
- Develop positive relationships with suppliers and demonstrate Eaton’s ethics, values and philosophy.
- Adhere to Eaton SCM Procedures, Processes and Work Instructions.
- Work closely with customer plants and suppliers (potential travel)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum 5 years Manufacturing, Engineering, or Supply Chain experience
- No relocation is approved. All candidates must live within 50 miles of Eden Prairie, MN or Maumee, OH.
- Experienced in Project Management
- CPSM certification
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- MBA preferred
- Thorough knowledge and experience in manufacturing processes: Rubber and plastic hose material, screw machine and CNC hose fittings, platting.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams
- Results and detail oriented
- Experienced, successful negotiator
- Global outlook
- Indirect leadership skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time