Senior Engineer - OPEX
Eaton’s Electrical Division is currently seeking a Senior Engineer – OPEX to join our team. This position is based at our Las Piedras’ site.
Primary Function & Scope:
Responsible for developing and executing Divisional Operational Excellence plan, with a major emphasis in the implementation and sustainability of Las Piedras’ site projects that result in process and business improvement. Leads, and facilitates these initiatives based on Operational Excellence plan ensuring that improvement activities are in alignment with business challenges and strategy.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- As a key operational resource, the Operational Excellence Engineer is expected to work in and support Site manufacturing location and support functions to meet and exceed their productivity objectives.
- Apply the tactical use of OPEX, Lean or Six Sigma principles as applied to manufacturing site.
- Lead function team facilitation / leadership, plus support of OPEX training efforts and project management of local initiatives and teams.
- As an ambassador for OPEX throughout the Site, this role will demonstrate the value of the process in Las Piedras Site and support functions.
- Subject matter expertise for the purposes of knowledge transfer to employees at all levels,
- Develop and maintain training curriculum and materials for deployment and development,
- Teach principles, concepts and practical use of methods and tools to all levels of the organization.
- Provide coaching on lean implementation, leadership, and philosophies, and
- Drive continuous improvement plant wide
- Lead, facilitate and support rapid action, short-, and long-term OPEX efforts within our manufacturing location and corporate support teams to drive productivity goals while continuing engagement of the OPEX culture throughout the organization.
- Support training for OPEX efforts, Lean / Six Sigma and other tool kits.
- Support OPEX Manager in driving Lean and Six Sigma certification and activities efforts for employees.
- Support OPEX Manager, OPEX Team and Site Champions to monitor OPEX progress and drive team improvements.
- Aid with control plan development and monitoring for manufacturing-based teams.
- Active ambassador of OPEX culture and principles.
- Performs conventional complex engineering assignments which may involve equipment or product processes.
- Selects and adopts modifications of standard data sources whose application requires experience and judgment.
- Provides solutions to problems, which present a limited number of variables and may be solved through application of standard techniques involving only minor innovations of methodology.
- Independent decisions are permitted within project objectives and known technologies.
- The incumbent participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
- Responsible to learn, understand and show commitment to the Eaton Safety Process (ESP), complying with all the goals and objectives established in the annual ESP Goals Matrix by Title-Function.
- Responsible to learn, understand, and show commitment to the Eaton Quality Management System, complying with all the goals and objectives associated.
- Responsible to develop and implement cost reduction projects aligned with Business Objectives.
- Full support and commitment to the Eaton Business System.
- Other functions as assigned.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
BS in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
Five or more years of experience in similar position in Manufacturing Plant.
- Green Belt or Black Belt as a requirement;
- Root Cause Analysis/Problem Solving Skills.
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Excellent oral and written skills.
Computer literate; Windows, Excel, Word, Microsoft Project
- Excellent project management skills.
Master Black Belt preferable.
- Able to plan and organize
- Leadership skills
- Teamwork skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time