Supply Chain Manager
Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Waukesha, Wisconsin facility.
The Supply Chain Manager will plan, direct, & coordinate all materials functions for the Lincoln Ave. Facility, including inter-unit, purchasing, inventory control, Sales Inventory and Operations Planning, production control, receiving, stores, and selection of traffic carriers for the plant. This position will plan & manage the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; oversee the review and negotiation of purchase price, quality, availability, delivery, and other factors necessary to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications and overall company production objectives; manage and coordinate materials inventories and services.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage plant materials process to support operations in meeting performance of department
- You will manage and review inputs (Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process (SIOP), cycle counting, physical inventory, profit planning) and controls (min./max. levels, lead times, etc.) of the ordering process to ensure that inventory levels (purchase parts, WIP, finished goods, consignment, in-transit etc.) to meet Plant, Division and Corporate expectations
- You will balance and coordinate the work loads and responsibilities of the employees within the Materials Planning/Scheduling function to support Plant level metrics in the areas of Financial Performance (overtime efficiency, on-time delivery, top line sales) by leveraging lean concepts and plant balance (level loading, ship ahead schedules, etc.).
- You will oversee the location, selection and development of new and necessary delivery time frames. You will alternate sources of supply to meet production requirements of the plant.
- You will develop and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with key suppliers.
- You will plan and manage the preparation and communication of product specifications for bid and manage negotiations with the most favorable prices, quality, delivery time, etc.
- You will manage and oversee the award and administration of purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures; resolve promptly any supplier problems.
- You will work with Division Supplier Quality team to coordinate quality audit programs for new and existing suppliers; meet with suppliers to discuss product specifications, product quality, etc.
- You will identify and implement cost reduction opportunities by reviewing supplier capabilities, material options, and processing requirements in order to meet and/or exceed the cost reduction initiatives.
- You will lead the organization in attaining key metrics, including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost out.
- You will be a model for the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and complies with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- You will support the Eaton Business System (EBS), Eaton Lean Six Sigma (ELSS), MMA and MESH initiatives.
- You will lead cross-functional process improvement teams.
- You will improve inventory accuracy by maintaining a formalized inventory cycle counting procedure with root cause analysis to drive corrective action.
- You will plan and coordinate annual physical inventory in accordance with corporate accounting procedures.
- Supervises, provides functional guidance, and directs assignments for direct reports.
- You will maintain communication link with divisional HQ, other plants, and Eaton’s Logistics Center (ELC) to maintain parts availability/inventories
- You will plan, recommend, justify, and manage annual operating budgets and financial targets in accordance with known operational needs, strategies, and goals.
- You will plan and manage training, instruction, and guidance to all subordinate supervisory and other employees to ensure their knowledge of proper equipment and use of accepted work processes and standards.
- You will remain knowledgeable of required personnel-related policies and procedures of the company; monitor and correct employee actions of behavior to ensure adherence with required policies, procedures, systems, and rules.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, systems or materials management
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a manufacturing, purchasing or production control environment
- Must live within 50 miles of Waukesha, WI
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now and in the future
- Master’s degree in engineering, MBA, systems or materials management
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong communications and project management skills
computer skills (Microsoft Office suite, compliance software), SAP experience a
plus Strong process orientation, analytical and planning ability.
Strong interpersonal & communication skills to collaborate effectively build team consensus and influence others.
analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
Exemplary leadership and communication skills to effectively lead, mentor and facilitate.
- Self-starter, able to work with or lead cross-functional teams. Strong time management skills that require little supervision.
- Implementation experience with basic concepts of planning and lean material flow (SIOP, Scheduling, Pull systems, Kanban, MRP, Schedule sequencing & level loading, inventory modeling, JIT, etc. )
- General understanding of accounting principles, industrial engineering, and manufacturing processes.
- Extensive understanding of laws that affect company purchasing policies, procedures, and decisions.
- Broad understanding of corporate and division purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop material plans that support sales and inventory objectives simultaneously for a multi-product plant.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time