Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor – 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible provide leadership and direction for a work group within the plant. The Supervisor will be responsible for performance with respect to safety & the environment, quality, on time delivery, cost for their respective area. Must work cooperatively with other functional leaders and managers to optimize the entire product line to exceed the needs of the customer and is relentless about continues improvement. You must be able to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will set team goals, assign team members and administratively and technically direct the work of subordinates. Measure, communicate and improve group performance statistics and acting as an agent to support improvement activities that achieve established improvement goals.
- You will oversee day-to-day activities to meet daily, monthly quarterly and yearly expectations. Lead the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain production control, establishing manufacturing priorities, coordination of activities with off-shift management and order shipments.
- You will reduce operational costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements.
- You will Lead implementation and achievement of long term manufacturing strategies through lean manufacturing principles and processes. You will maintain schedules to achieve the optimal level of on-time to promise (OTP) and on-time to request (OTTR) while driving towards a monthly sales target.
- You will foster a culture of continuous improvement and contributing towards becoming a lean organization.
- You will develop and implement standard work, visual factory, daily accountability, manning strategies, process checks, and team training.
- You will evaluate the Pull Demand, initiate the process within the production system, loop schedules and identify process & changeover improvements. Emphasize the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow I not currently possible and works to level the workload.
- You will ensure the proper application and interpretation of established personnel and safety policies throughout the plant.
- You will create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed, countermeasures implemented, and the area is compliant with safety requirements.
- You will demonstrate knowledge about employees within the area and the value of that knowledge when applied to specific solutions to problems, specifically in Time Away from Work.
- You will promote a team environment and must develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets.
- You will assure that appropriate equipment is provided, adequately maintained and safely operated.
- You will be responsible for managing team members, employment decisions and performance assessments of the Product line or work group.
- You will counsel employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
- You will lead and facilitate Kaizen Events.
- You will allocate the necessary resources to meet external and internal commitments while maintaining budgetary control.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment is required.
- Must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Highland, IL facility; no relocation benefit is provided.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing, distribution or operations environment preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a union environment.
- SAP business system experiences a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisor skill set a must including but not limited to developing individuals, coaching, mentoring and building a team environment.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skill as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Knowledge of lean principles, manufacturing and distribution processes necessary.
- Strong practical knowledge applicable to manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft applications a must.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time