Senior Project Engineer
Eaton’s B-Line division is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Highland, IL site.
As the Project/Design Engineer, you will be responsible for developing and designing new products that will penetrate the national and international markets. This role will also require you to project manage some of these projects to completion using a phase gate project management platform, working cross-functionally with other business areas including Marketing, Sales, and Operations. It will require you to have strong communication skills, ambition, drive, strong engineering experience, with enthusiasm in the product design arena. The position responsibilities also entails the identification of product adjacencies and identification and execution of cost savings initiatives through Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support new product development, mechanical engineering, solid modeling, and product design
- You will develop and manage basic plans including a solid scope statement and a risk log with the team for low/medium complexity programs
- You will generate a basic roles/responsibilities matrix for project team and leads regularly scheduled team meetings.
- You will assume accountability for scope/projects assigned, ensures product developments, meets requirements for performance, safety, manufactured cost, market launch timing and investments.
- You will support program negotiations by capturing scope changes in a log and formally communicating potential program impacts.
- Participate in Voice of the Customer (VOC) product and requirements research
- Maintain and upgrade existing products and assist with 3rd party certifications
- Create and maintain project development plans and ensure timely completion to project commitment dates
- You will identify and execute cost out projects to drive Value Analysis/Value Engineering (VA/VE) and Create and execute Engineering Change Orders (ECOs)
- You will provide hands on testing of products, design validation, detail design, and drawing review
- You will provide analysis of test results and actions to implement any needed improvements
Required (Basic) Qualifications :
- A Bachelor of Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited institution
- CAD/Solidworks modeling experience
- Minimum of 2 years engineering experience with a preference in mechanical or structural product development and design.
- No Relocation. Candidates must currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Highland, IL site.
- No Sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authroised to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis without requiring company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Project Management Experience
- Understanding of phase gate project management tools and techniques
- Experience working in a global business environment
- Knowledge using SAP/ ERP system & BOM structure for product developments
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Voice of the Customer (VOC) experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Effectively communicates across the project team, to their immediate managers, and to external counterparts, e.g. customers or suppliers.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time