Manfacturing Associate (Plater) - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Manufacturing Associate, Plater to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
- You will review work order or schedule established by team leader.
- You will be responsible for processing parts through plating, passivation, or cleaning lines as required by process specifications (this may involve some fine manipulation/racking of the product, weighs approximately 10 pounds).
- You will calculate surface area of parts to be plated or cleaned and apply current density according to the plating specifications.
- You will operate measuring devices, including micrometers, dial gauges, etc.
- You will run product through processes using rack or barrels (cleaning, plating, passivation pickling) in accordance with plating specifications.
- You will perform daily bath maintenance (this may include filter changing, chemical additions and cleaning of plating lines) as dictated by the maintenance schedule.
- You will set up fixtures, racks, and barrels utilizing historical data/logs (done with support of team leader and lab technician).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a manufacturing/operations environment
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Beltsville area (50 miles) will be considered for this position.
- Ability to read and understand process sheet/blueprint
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; compute percentages, area, circumference, and volume; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Capability to solve problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists through communication and teamwork
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes, tooling, fixtures and equipment, OSHA regulations, manufacturing methods, routings, and standards
- Ability to multitask
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Willing to work overtime and weekends when needed
- Participation in hazardous response team
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Software
- Exercise proper waste disposal under the guidance of team leader and lab technician
- Participate in lean and 5S+ activities, as required Follow shop environmental and safety procedures, including proper personal protection equipment at all times
- You must be able to lift up to 35 pounds within any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No