Technical Sales Specialist
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Technical Sales Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Technical Sales Specialist is responsible for providing technical and commercial sales project assistance supporting the external sales group and channel representatives and maintains product line responsibility and control for a specific product line. In this role, you will provide leadership to the engineering team to support the market development and sales teams sustain current and pursue new customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide timely, effective and economical filter application recommendations and operational advice to customers and market channel partners to assist in meeting group sales goals and in assuring filter performance viability
- You will develop and produce professional proposal packages for systems sales to enable fast, accurate and comprehensive response to customer inquiries
- You will review commercial and technical requirements of proposals, advising customer of conflicts and makes recommendations for changes, elevating outstanding conflicts with potential order loss to management for review and further definition
- You will perform in-house and field training on filter sizing, pricing, application and function to help in the development of market channels’ filter system knowledge and image of permanent solutions providers
- You will assist Sales & Marketing and the Company’s overall effectiveness and efficiency through active participation in individual or team project assignments
- You will continually looks for improvements in processes and procedures that will ultimately improve the quotation turn-around time and improve the quality of the quotation, with the ultimate goal of improving hit rate and generating more business
- You will keep job skills and market knowledge current through participation in field study, outside educational opportunities and industry affiliations to provide maximum value to our customers, the Sales Group and the Company
- You will prepare quarterly reports on product line performance, including but not limited to average price/margin per product, historical performance results, trends in the market place, new product suggestions and strategic placement of product
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in technical product management, technical sales, and/or customer support
- Relocation assistance is not available for this role. The candidate for the position must currently resident within a 50 mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Experience working with filtration, industrial machinery, or hydraulic systems (i.e. fluid conveyance)
- Experience generating quotations and working with pricing/negotiations
- Experience with working with and reviewing drawings and engineering specifications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, engineers, customers or the general public.
Ability to define problems, analyze data and draw valid conclusions that result in solid recommendations.
Ability to demonstrate a high level of energy and personal drive.
Ability to demonstrate strong project management and organization skills.
Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documents.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical sales information, specifications, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental or legal regulations.
Ability to write quotations and business correspondence
Ability to travel 25% of the time
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time