Customer Experience Representative
Eaton's Vehicle Group division has an immediate opening for a Customer Experience Representative to be based in Galesburg, MI.
The primary function of the Customer Experience Representative (CER) will provide warranty support, direct and adjudicate product warranty repairs via phone and electronic communication for customers that utilize Roadranger services, and assist with aftermarket sales/promotions. This individual will help identify emerging trends that affect the customers experience with our products, use data analytics, and observations to drive product reliability and functionality improvements through the organization, create and deliver custom training to customer experience representatives based on his or her discoveries.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will deliver industry leading customer support
- You will improve the customers experience by improving customer up time and reducing the incident rate
- You will document all applicable customer contacts / warrant claims in related software systems.
- You will assist in accurately determining failure root cause by utilizing diagnostic procedures, repair strategies, part requirements, labor hours, and technical or other assistance related to the repair.
- You will assist with employee on-boarding and training as needed.
- You will represent the Roadranger Customer Experience Center in cross-functional teams and project/as needed.
- You will embrace continues improvement and efficiency activities that lead to positive impacts to the business
- You will assist managers with building a cross-functional and flexible support organization to meet future support requirements
- You will use current business tools and data analytics to discover emerging trends, product improvement opportunities, and system enhancements to improve the customers experience with Eaton
- You will represent the Roadranger Customer Experience Center and support the Advanced Technical Service team in PPIT, Max Uptime, and other product/process improvement initiatives
- You will use emerging trend and other relevant information to design, develop, and facilitate custom training for the Roadranger Call Center agents and related teams
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 2 years of customer facing, sales, or industrial/ mechanical experience
- Relocation is not attached to this role. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now and in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years of automotive, truck or heavy equipment experience
- 5 years of customer service experience
- 5 years in an advanced technical role
- Competent in explaining and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex problems in an easy to understand manner
- Competent in developing and delivering technical and troubleshooting curriculum to a wide audience
- Competent in general truck component knowledge, assembly/disassembly procedures
- Capable of interacting professionally with customers, even in challenging situations
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to MS office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret signal trace data using MS Excel or similar system
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Ability to negotiate
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Responsible for staying current on pertinent product and customer issues
- Ability to work flexible hours and possibly weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time