The Training Coordinator is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all training activities within the Eaton Shawnee facility – as well as maintaining, developing, and improving all training processes, and tools.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will coordinate the logistics of external and internal trainings and workshops.
- You will oversee and maintain plant-wide training matrix.
- You will assure retention compliance for all site trainings.
- You will control training costs, and searches for cost savings for all training activities.
- You will develop and conduct trainings and workshops where applicable.
- You will maintain reference library and audio/visual equipment.
- You will maintain training calendar of all external & internal training events.
- You will assess and improves the effectiveness of training programs.
- Assists in in the training and onboarding for all new hires.
- You will create new ID badges for new hires, maintains an up-to-date employee photo album, and assures badge compliance for all employees.
- You will conduct job analyses and develops job skills checklists.
- You will measure, evaluate and appraise the effectiveness of the training interventions.
- You will develop visual job aides as needed.
- You will provide effective overall scheduling, direction and coordination regarding the Cell Certification Program.
- You will implement the processes and requirements as outlined in the Cell Certification Manual.
- You will facilitate regular Cell Certification Review Team meetings as necessary to review the process and to recommend changes to the Cell Certification Manual and month-to-month activities.
- You will provide appropriate notification to all concerned parties of certification progress review dates, including scheduling and facilitating the review meetings.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Currently pursuing Bachelor’s Degree with Associates level equivalent credit hours from an accredited institution (60 credit hours or more).
- 6 months experience Delivering Training/Mentoring
- 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime, weekends and any shift as needed.
- No relocation benefit is being provided. All candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Shawnee, OK to be considered.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. No VISA sponsorship will be provided.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited institution
- 1 Year of Experience coordinating and delivering training
- Familiarity with ISO procedures.
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes.
- Strong facilitation/coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve administrative problems effectively.
- Understand the critical importance of maintaining confidentiality of private and sensitive information .
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and through others at all organizational levels in the facility. This would include demonstrated facilitator skills for effectively pursuing and resolving Cell Certification-related issues and suggestions for improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to positively contribute on a team.
- Accountable and action-oriented; ability to drive change and business results
- Ability to influence and partner with stakeholders independently
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with all organizational levels
- Availability and willingness to work a flexible work schedule so as to provide coverage to all shifts.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and to deal with problems when under pressure.
- Maintain a current & accurate certification eligibility list.
- Maintain a current certification database and all supporting documents & paperwork. Documents would include a current qualified operator list and all related training checklists
- Ensure the certification information bulletin board contains timely, current & relevant information.
- Facilitate necessary cross-training for employees desiring certification utilizing appropriate supervisory & engineering resources.
- Coordinate meetings with supervisors to facilitate the selection of appropriate peer evaluators and/or assistants.
- Generate monthly summary of the status and progress of the certification program. Metrics should include such data as certifications completed per month, pass/fail ratio, summary of participants in the certification process and a narrative summary of highlights of activities for that month.
- Ensure that the monthly goal for certifications is achieved, or that every reasonable process and effort is made to meet the goal.
- Meet standards as communicated by supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time