Senior Quality Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Roxboro, NC facility.
The Senior Quality Engineer is responsible for supporting Advanced Quality Planning, customer interface, data analysis and problem solving. In this role, you will support customer and internal quality expectations by proactively establishing, managing and improving quality system. The Senior Quality Engineer will be involved in working closely with product launch teams to build quality into the product/process, and building a culture of quality in the organization. You will provide support and leadership to customers, suppliers, partners and the service functions of the organization.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will complete Control Plans
You will supports PFMEA process as a member of the cross-functional team
You will develop, implement and audit quality systems, quality objectives and continuous improvement efforts
- You will complete QCRs and 8-Ds
You will perform data analysis on problem areas to solve problems reviewing inputs from various stakeholders and makes recommendations accordingly
You will support ongoing improvement on OEE and develop capability and runoff criteria as needed for new or existing equipment and processes
- You will manage APQP and PPAP documents/process
You will complete process audits, initiate corrective actions, lead cost save/variation reduction projects, and other tasks as required
You will investigate / troubleshoot problems and requirements of projects and develops plans for solutions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a quality function in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship both now and in the future.
- 3 years of experience working in a quality function in the automotive industry
- Certificate Quality Engineer (CQE)
- Six Sigma Blackbelt or Greenbelt
- Strong communication skills
- Solid knowledge of engineering techniques & manufacturing processes
- Thorough knowledge of statistics& statistical process control, including gauge repeatability & reproducibility studies
- Knowledge of metrology, including CMM application & programming preferred
- Computer literacy, including spreadsheets, statistical programs, database maintenance & CAD
- Thorough knowledge of geometric dimensioning & tolerance (GD&T) principles
- Proficiency in problem solving & quality techniques including:
- Experienced in SPC, PFMEA, PPAP, 8-D / A3 problem solving, APQP, MSA, Capability Analysis
Position Success Criteria:
- Position requires a customer, proactive problem solving skills & effective communications techniques to deal with internal & external customers
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time