Field Service Coordinator
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services division is currently seeking a Field Service Coordinator to join our team. This position is based at our San Diego, CA. facility.
The Field Service Coordinator is responsible for assisting customers at every stage of the power system: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing planned maintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, as well as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our support services help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipment by optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will schedule and organize field service manpower for all customer jobs within the district
- You will acknowledge all purchase orders, obtain proper insurance certificates and assure that terms and conditions are presented to customer.
- You will reconcile all purchase orders with the in-house negotiations to assure matching between promises and expectations.
- You will open orders on system to gather, track and reconcile costs associated with jobs.
- You will issue purchase orders via Oracle Purchasing System.
- You will maintain test equipment and arrange for calibration of equipment.
- You will accurately reconcile and invoice orders via Oracle Project Costing system.
- You will complete various office administration responsibilities as required.
- You will monitor overtime of the productive workforce and reconcile the overtime with the signed time slips from the customer or from the job cost inventory system.
- You will field emergency customer calls to gather critical information and pass it on to appropriate party for action.
- You will maintain track and control job costs to achieve the best ratio compared to the actual selling price.
- You will organize/obtain necessary materials and proper test equipment based on job requirements.
- You will keep sales engineers abreast of potential problems and opportunities with the customer, unless other terms have been negotiated.
- You will build positive relationships with customers and facilitate process to get customer issues resolved expeditiously.
- You will successfully interact with internal Eaton manufacturing plant personnel, legal, contracts, sales and suppliers to schedule and obtain necessary resources and information.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in military training
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, management, finance or accounting
Three to five years’ experience with cost accounting and general business experience/background
Knowledge of power distribution, control products, as well as field service practices and procedures, employee relations and quality programs.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time