Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Lead Designer to join our team! This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Perform engineered-to-order (ETO) design work in 2D and 3D CAD, create Bills of Material (BOMs), process engineering change notices and technical work in accordance with customer requirements, processing orders of varying complexity from receipt to completion. Provide guidance to ETO Engineers, Application and Proposal Engineers, Marketing, Sales, shop floor personnel, and Purchasing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will understand engineering/ drafting/ Designers toolsets, including SAP, PLM, AutoCAD, Inventor.
- You will understand and adhere to Product Engineering procedures, part numbering and filing systems.
- You will work with existing computer systems and data files to be knowledgeable of order status and requirements.
- You will create bills of material and drawings for configurable product (CTO), based upon defined selection rules.
- You will prepare drawing transmittal forms and guide the processing of requested drawings.
- You will perform basic calculations and computations in accordance with established formulas or from specific instructions.
- You will review of each order, including customer specifications, quote, and purchase order with a focus on standard and non-standard technical requirements which affect design.
- You will create/ manage moderate to complex ETO solutions and projects.
- You will support ETO Engineers on customer phone calls.
- You will create capacitor bank proposal drawings based upon only sketch from an Engineer.
- You will select/ create buyout specifications based upon descriptions provided in customer quote and specification.
- You will work with Structural Engineer to determine proper member sizes, ensure structural integrity, and convert to detail and assembly drawings and BOMs with proper fit-up.
- You will take a lead role in developing and updating department processes, procedures, and work instructions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited institution
- Experience (professional or educational) using AutoCAD and/or Inventor
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 60 mile radius of the Greenwood, SC facility will be considered.
- Associate’s degree in Engineering Graphics Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in mechanical design utilizing Inventor or other 3D modeling software
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No