Senior IT Project Manager - Architecture, Governance, and Security
Join Eaton’s Information Technology team and help positively impact our business through leading technologies, exciting and challenging enterprise projects and new platforms. We are currently seeking a Project Manager for our Architecture, Governance and Security Center of Excellence (AGSCOE) team. It is based at our Eaton Center in Beachwood, Ohio. No relocation is being offered for this position. If the candidate resides within 50 miles of Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate must work at that site. If the candidate resides more than 50 miles away from Beachwood, Ohio, the candidate will work remote from another US Eaton Facility or an approved home office.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role as a Project Manager:
- You will provide project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery.
- You will define and communicate roles and responsibilities for project team members – functional and technical.
- You will develop project plans including detailing work breakdown structures and critical path.
- You will work with customers and technical resources to develop project schedules and detailed cost breakdowns.
- You will perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning.
- You will ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders.
- You will develop communication strategies and lead communications with mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders.
- You will monitor and report on schedule and budget variances.
- You will ensure quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan.
- You will develop communication strategies and lead communications with senior executives (VP, Directors and Officers) and key stakeholders globally.
- You will manage third party suppliers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of 7 years’ Project Management experience is required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Working knowledge with Security and middleware technologies.
- SME on MS Project, Risk Management, Scope Management and Project Management methodologies.
- Intermediate to Advanced understanding of integration and impact points of involved systems globally for a division or function.
- Basic to Intermediate technical knowledge and solid understanding of computer hardware and software, data management, application programming, data communications, operating systems, utilities and data security.
- Master’s Degree is preferred.
- PMP certificate is preferred.
- Successfully have led major enterprise system implementations, preferably in large, multi-national organizations. Security, New Application and Platform projects preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time