EHS and Quality Manager
Eaton’s Electrical Product Group is seeking an EHS & Quality Manager for its Crouse-Hinds Division. This position will be located at its Windsor, CT facility.
EPG Division has an opening for an Environmental, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager, responsible for the Crouse-Hinds Windsor Plant. This position provides EHS & Quality leadership to the Windsor site.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage EHS activities within plant.
- You will be responsible for establishing EHS objectives and targets.
- You will do Internal Reporting of EHS performance; specifically with MESH prism.
- You will communicate federal, state, and local regulatory requirements including updates from ENHESA and Eaton.
- You will support the development and deployment of EHS management systems.
- You will manage and maintain permits and letters of agreement with regulatory agencies.
- You will implement and manage plans including SPCC, SWPPP, Emergency Response, and others as applicable.
- You will monitor and analyze EHS metrics and establish action plans to close gaps.
- You will assure closure of MESH and regulatory findings on a timely basis.
- You will manage interfaces with the public authorities regarding Environmental, Health, Safety and Security.
- You will conduct regulatory training in EHS topics.
- You will be proficient in/certified in Hazardous waste (RCRA) and transportation of chemicals (DOT).
- You will conduct Security assessments and maintain the Security program.
- You will create a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the sites in EHS teams and processes.
- You will inspect incidents (including near misses, releases and losses) and accidents to direct preventive and corrective action plans.
- You will monitor and analyze Quality metrics and establish action plans to close gaps.
- You will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the Quality engineers, technicians, and personnel.
- You will manage the improvement and prepare reports with all the quality performance indicators of the operation: Customer DPPM, Internal PPM, Supplier PPM, Validation and Test Audit data, Internal Quality Alerts, Non-conforming material quality Communication, external component quality alerts, and A3s, 4ups as needed.
- You will support Plant Operation Excellence:
- o Plant Operating reviews and supplemental Management review meetings.
- o Division Operational Reviews Support.
- o Productions and Leadership Team meetings preparation and Support.
- o Process Audits execution and improvements.
- o Quality System Internal Audits
- You will be responsible for establishing, developing and executing cost saving projects –mainly CONC reduction- and quality projects and improvements at the manufacturing lines.
- You will be responsible for controlling implementation in manufacturing processes, driving pFMEA analysis and RPN reductions, Measurement System Analysis, Process Capabilities and overall CAPA effective implementation
- You will own Customer Complaints and RMA process for external defects.
- You will own process for non-conforming parts and be responsible for making sure that the preliminary analysis are properly completed by the shop floor & quality team.
- You will support New Product development validation in Operations as well as support any plant –to-plant or Business-to-Business, product line transition using ProLaunch program.
- You will ensure Tailored Development programs are being accomplished by all Quality Personnel.
- You will attain plant Quality Goals, maintain and drive a culture of continuous improvement. Assure plans are implemented and attain results. Deploy the applicable elements and initiatives of EBS tools (EQS) to accomplish.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management position.
- Lean 6-sigma green or black belt certification.
- This position requires the use of information or access to technology which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR/EAR. ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Windsor, CT Eaton location.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental discipline or equivalent required from an accredited institution.
- Lean 6-sigma green or black belt certification.
- Professional Safety Certification or equivalent.
- EOQ certified Manager and Auditor for EHS and Process Management recommended
- 3+ years’ experience in Environmental Management Systems
- Deep knowledge in various standards for management systems (ISO 9001 /ISO 14001 / ISO 50001 / ISO 45001 / ISO 22301) and understanding of national laws to drive legal compliance
- Working knowledge of quality and EHS tools e.g. statistic methods, problem solving, continuous improvement, occupational health & safety, industrial hygiene
- Experienced in contact with public authorities
- Experienced in leading functional and cross-functional team
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD ALP Airport Lighting Products
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time