Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More about us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
Location: Cambridge, UK
The Senior Buyer primary function is to procure all materials and equipment used in the manufacture of company products
Your main duties :
• Prepare buying lists from MRP system.
• Raise orders from internal requisitions.
• Request quotations, and raise subsequent purchase orders.
• Run fortnightly buying list for Review Level/Consumable components.
• Source, order and monitor samples of all materials.
• Communicate/liaise with off-shore suppliers on a daily basis.
• Progress Orders.
• Identify and act upon possible future supply problems.
• Maintain best supplier base, and implement Eaton Group preferred Supplier Agreements..
• Analyse, identify and source savings in component prices, lead times and production.
• Maintain optimum raw materials inventory.
• Maintain documentation in accordance with company requirements and Eaton policies.
• Raise and submit weekly and monthly reports as per Eaton’s requirements.
• Investigate and resolve supplier invoice queries.
• Select and approve new suppliers.
• Sign contracts and purchase orders in accordance with company procedures
• Commit finances on behalf of the company for the purchase of components.
What we are looking for:
• Educated to HND or Degree Level in either Engineering or Business.
• Solid understanding of Supply Chain within a Manufacturing Environment.
• Possesses strong negotiation and supplier management skills
• Proficiency with MRP systems.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Programs
What we offer:
• At Eaton, inclusion and diversity is our strength. We embrace the power of many perspectives to drive innovation and growth that benefits our people, investors, customers and communities.
• Competitive benefits package ( pension contributions, life insurance, local transport allowance, meal tickets /catering allowance, 5 weeks holidays, refreshments on workplace, contribution to sport / culture / leisure )
• We’re proud to have strong governance for inclusion and diversity. With 50% diversity on our Board of Directors and more than 4,000 Eaton leaders attending Inclusion & Diversity training courses, we’re firmly committed to setting guidance, targets and activities that foster greater inclusion and diversity everywhere we do business.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time