Senior Program Manager
- You will have Responsibility, Authority and Accountability (RAA) for project scope delivery and successful execution within technical schedule, cost and quality commitments.
- You will execute team leadership across the Project(s). Seeks team input to promote rapid resolution to issues. Provides feedback on performance indicators.
- You will establish objectives and goals and provides direction to the project teams in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment
- You will manage customer communications and organizational responsiveness to customer requirements
- You will communicate and manage customer expectations and contractual commitments internal to the business.
- You will ensure standard program management processes are utilized and provides adequate support to the project team by coordinating PM reviews, preparing & publishing PM metrics and reports.
- You will maintain metrics for project for earned value (CPI/SPI), quality, technical performance and delivery through all of the PROLaunch phases
- You will coordinate all risks and requirements of the project. This is accomplished by planning, controlling, integrating all project activities and deliverables and measuring all elements to ensure the requirements and goals are successfully achieved.
- You will partner with sales and marketing to: 1) manage customer contracts, pricing, terms and conditions and contractual flow-down through the organization; 2) establish and negotiate pricing strategies by system and/or product, market and by customer; 3) develop contract negotiation strategies. Ensures effective change management process is utilized.
- You will provide periodic project updates (Program Status Report – Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule).
- You will provide updates to the business units as well as divisional levels.
- You will plays a key role in developing business proposals and executing the overall program plan.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 5 years of Project/or Program Management experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineer/or MS in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Hydraulics New Product Development (NPD) programs preferred;
- Leadership skills - capability to lead change in an Integrated Project Team;
- Program and Project Management methodologies, processes and tools knowledge;
- Project Management Institute (PMI) accreditation or PMP highly recommended;
- Good communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer;
- Familiarity with hydraulic products and market in which they reside;
- Experience in Risk Management; and
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Program / Project Management
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time