Senior Design Engineer
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More about us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
Location: Knapwell /Cambridge, UK
The Senior Power Supply Design Engineer will design semi-custom and custom AC-DC power supplies, DC-DC power converters, DC-AC power inverters and EMI filters for the Railway applications in the range of 5W-1kW.
Your main duties :
• Design of DC-DC, AC/DC switch mode power supplies utilizing various electrical topologies. Hands on design validation experience including thermal testing, EMC
• Design and development of power supply products from concept to volume production whilst ensuring that the design meets performance specifications, cost & reliability targets.
• Complies with required regulatory standards
• Liaising with cross-functional team (PCB layout, Mechanical engineering, Manufacturing and Quality engineering) to facilitate the design process.
• Selection of raw materials, components and suppliers based on product performance specifications, reliability and regulatory requirements.
• Participation in internal design reviews.
• Design Verification Testing.
• Technical Report writing.
• Electrical design of new and modified products, ensure products designs are cost effective and design for manufacturing.
• Performs complex bench or DV test for the qualification of products
• Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
What we offer:
• At Eaton, inclusion and diversity is our strength. We embrace the power of many perspectives to drive innovation and growth that benefits our people, investors, customers and communities.
• Eaton employees may participating in our Flexible Work Solutions program
• Competitive benefits package
• We’re proud to have strong governance for inclusion and diversity. With 50% diversity on our Board of Directors and more than 4,000 Eaton leaders attending Inclusion & Diversity training courses, we’re firmly committed to setting guidance, targets and activities that foster greater inclusion and diversity everywhere we do business.
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technology and services. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH EMB eMobility
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time