Sr. Strategic Accounts Manager - Seismic Products
Eaton’s B-Line Division is currently seeking a Senior Strategic Account Manager – Seismic Bracing to join our team. This position is based out of Southern California.
The Senior Strategic Account Manager – Seismic Products is responsible for driving and increasing customer preference and demand for B-Line’s Seismic Product line in their assigned geographic region. In this role, you will meet with contractors to conduct office (and occasionally job site) visits to get an in-depth understanding of current and future projects/opportunities, provide on-site technical support and demonstrate product features and overall seismic service capabilities, to continue building and growing customer relationships within a given territory.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will establish and maintain strong customer relationships and leading growth opportunities through all stages of the selling cycle
You will foster relationships with key management contacts at major/key contractor accounts (i.e. Project Management) located within the territory
You will understand and demonstrate the features and benefits of the seismic product line including training others on usage and applications
You will ensure appropriate technical assistance regarding product, applications to end users, inspection and standards personnel, contractors, etc.
You will develop, execute, and manage the new opportunity pipeline to ensure a high quality and healthy portfolio; leveraging extended resources to identify and execute new business opportunities
You will support the strategic planning process by informing the business of product trends and competitive conditions within the region, and supports new product releases and new/adjacent account development
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the commercial construction industry
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is offered for this role. Only candidates currently residing within a 50 mile radius of the following locations will be considered: San Diego, CA or Los Angeles, CA
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Structural, Civil, or Electrical Engineering
- MBA is a plus
- Experience designing, quoting, and/or working with seismic products
- Experience with 3D modeling programs
- Combination of technical and sales experience is ideal
- Familiarity with commercial building industry (NFPA codes), knowledge of the International Building Code and ASCE 7, other local codes, as well as an understanding of the seismic market preferred, OSHPD.
- Direct experience with fire protection, seismic bracing products, or MEP
- Must be willing and able to travel a minimum of 50% of the time both domestically and internationally as needed to meet customer and/or business requirements and/or expectations
- Ability to work independently from home office
- Excellent communication skills with ability to think on your feet to field technical questions
- Ability to learn, grow, and deal with ambiguity and change
- A strong bias towards action
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Effective in a matrix management environment
- Strong Business Acumen – must understand market and customer trends, customer needs and impact on future product development programs, new business case financials.
- Strong Customer interface skills. Ability to uncover customer needs and translate into winning capture strategies and value propositions
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time