Semi-Senior EHS Technician
The EHS Analyst is responsible to support environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the site. Individual is accountable for: supporting EHS activities at his/her location(s), including: maintaining EHS systems and processes such as monitoring and measurement systems, reporting and communication of EHS metrics, collection and organization of EHS action items, supporting EHS training initiatives, leading and supporting EHS teams, leads / supports incident investigations, and supports site internal assessment activities. The position drives continuous improvement in safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Assist with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements.
- Supports risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects.
- Supports tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance.
- Supports tracking and accomplishment of EHS goals for the site.
- Supports and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Supports EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with EHS leader and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Supports efforts for third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Provides support on using established EHS data processes such as MESH PRISM to manage data.
- Supports efforts to ensure and track that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- Strong communication skills
- 1 to 3 years of experience
- Ability to identify state, and country EHS requirements.
- Ability to facilitate EHS teams
- Ability to utilize company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
- Ability to conduct training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Health & Safety from an accredited institution
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG LAC PQD Power Quality Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No