Warehouse Lead - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Warehouse Team Lead on 1st Shift. This position is based at our La Grange, NC facility.
Coordinate activities in the shipping and receiving area to ensure that material handling functions and incoming and outbound shipments are processed safely and on time. The Warehouse Leader is responsible for leading the shipping and receiving employees daily to ensure that the department employees are trained in proper shipping/receiving and material handling procedures for the Crouse-Hinds and Bussmann businesses. Outgoing orders are to be packed and shipped timely and accurately. Work closely with supervision to identify the priority of orders for daily shipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will be responsible for notifying the department supervisor when overtime is needed to meet work objectives and assist in scheduling. Verify all hours listed on the employee weekly timecards are accurate and turn in to the supervisor weekly.
- You will ensure that incoming materials are properly received, accurately counted and recorded in SAP by the Receiving Clerk. All air freight should be delivered the same day as arrival.
- You will process, and record receiving reports and customer returns and resolve items waiting in other departments within 24 hours.
- You will distribute priority and daily work assignments to shipping and receiving employees as directed.
- You will pack items for shipment per commercial or military specifications including proper construction of crates according to prints, documentation and marking of shipping containers.
- You will contact carriers to schedule daily shipments, for freight quotes and to trace lost or delayed shipments in a timely manner.
- You will coordinate activities within the department necessary to maintain the flow of work through the department.
- You will operate company truck to pick up and deliver as necessary. Operate forklift and other material moving devices, postage meter, weigh scales.
- You will learn the necessary functions of the Shipper/Packer and Receiving Clerk roles to back up the positions as necessary.
- You will perform similar or associated duties as required or directed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required for the position.
- No relocation benefit provided, must live within a 50 mile radius of La Grange, NC to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United states without company sponsorship.
- The position requires the use of hand tools such as a hammer, packaging materials, saw, and other equipment required for making crates and boxes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and walk.
- The candidate for this position should be able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds or heavy cable assemblies with assistance.
- Follow JSA for specific job function. They must also comply with the standards set by OSHA for lifting. Ability to read and interpret weight scales, measuring tapes, rulers and blueprints.
- A valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain a license to operate all forklifts and material moving equipment is required.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time