Eaton’s Power Systems division is currently seeking a Quality Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha, WI (Badger Dr.) facility.
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for managing a team of approximately twenty hourly and salaried direct reports to meet the testing and inspection needs for 3ph Transformers and Regulators. In this role, you will direct reports on activities needed to support production, analyze failures, and drive the improvements identified in action plans.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will direct a team of approximately twenty (20) hourly and salaried direct reports to meet the testing and inspection needs for 3ph Transformers and Regulators.
- You will manage the work force with regards to paid time, OT and vacation scheduling, and issue resolution.
- You will maintain and implement the requirements for the Eaton Quality System and ISO 9001 as needed. Additionally, you will support the management of Eaton’s Quality Management System procedures.
- You will coordinate support of production manufacturing with problem solving, process improvements and resolution to manufacturability issues.
- You will support coordination of customer return analysis and ensures timely response to customers.
- You will work with Design Engineering and Supply Chain to ensure that quality criteria are clearly identified on all newly established parts and communicated to suppliers.
- You will develop and lead routine risk assessment activity (PFEMA) on all new products and with changes that affect existing product.
- You will work in partnership with engineering to support all NPD Launch related projects and milestones related to testing processes and improve the overall process to achieve zero defects and launch readiness.
- You will execute or facilitate all aspects of APQP and Part Approval and sign-off for both suppliers and customers, manage revisions of process control documents such as PFMEAs, Control Plans and other quality tools to ensure compliance.
- You will analyze scrap, warranty, internal defect, and customer complaint rates to develop action plans for improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Waukesha, WI (Badger Dr.) facility to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Field from an accredited institution
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- 3+ years of work in a Quality Engineering/Supplier Quality related role
- Experience in the field of Electrical Utilities or electrical component manufacturing
- Experience working with suppliers and working directly with customers
- CQE or CQMOE certifications from ASQ
- Experience either managing or supporting ISO 9001 or TS16949 Quality Management systems.
- Formal training in problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with either Eaton EQS or Automotive Quality Standards
- Demonstrated strong skills on following competencies: Priority Setting, Decision Quality, Problem Solving, Learning on the Fly, Customer Focus, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Drive for Results, Technical Learning.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time