Specialist - Financial Accounting and Reporting
Eaton’s Corporate division is currently seeking a Specialist - Financial Accounting and Reporting to join our team. This position is based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Specialist - Financial Accounting and Reporting is responsible for performing complex professional accounting work involving reporting and analysis of global financial results to provide senior management with timely and accurate financial information and make recommendations for decision-making.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare, analyze, and review reports on consolidated financial results delivered to Eaton senior management and Board of Directors, including preparation of disclosures for external SEC filings
- You will provide in-depth accurate and timely analysis of global financial results to gain an understanding of the key business drivers and make recommendations to senior management for decision-making.
- You will be responsible for analyzing corporate reserves and other complex accounts. You will also prepare and review consolidated monthly forecast and annual profit plan and provide meaningful analysis of variances to senior management
- You will interpret Eaton financial policies and complex US GAAP accounting issues and provide clear and concise guidance on application and account usage to Finance contacts globally
- You will develop and maintain relationships with various corporate functions to provide accounting support and financial analysis and provide controllership for various corporate ledgers including daily and month end transactional activity, preparation and approval of account reconciliations and ad-hoc analysis
- You will participate in and lead special projects and implement process improvements to help drive efficiencies in the finance organization
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years of accounting or finance work experience
- Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Eaton's Beachwood, OH facility
- This position does not provide sponsorship. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- CPA and/or Graduate degree in business, finance, or accounting from an accredited institution
- Two years' experience in public accounting
- Two years' experience working in a large, global manufacturing organization
- Experience with financial systems such as Oracle, SAP, HFM, and Longview
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to express the complex in simple, easy to grasp ways, verbally and in writing
- Curious, inquisitive, and comfortable challenging the status quo
- Ability to easily work with a diverse set of people to get things done with and through others
- Strong leadership skills
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Highly developed strategic/analytical thinking
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time