Senior Software Architect
Eaton’s Electrical Systems & Services Group is currently seeking a Senior Software Architect to join our team! This position is based at our Moon Township, PA facility.
Eaton’s Connected Services and Solutions in the Electrical Systems and Services Group (ESSG) accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected applications used to monitor, interact and control equipment deployed at customers’ sites. The center uses a combination of business specific components and reusable platforms, processes, and services to develop, validate and deploy solutions.
So, if you’re an experienced software professional yearning to work on a project leveraging the latest software technologies and trends such as IoT, NoSQL, big data, open source, DevOps, microservices, mobile, and cybersecurity, this is the position for you! Not only will you be working with some amazing technology, you’ll also be part of an enthusiastic team of software professionals working to make an immediate organizational impact by delivering new and exciting products to our customers.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work with your team and others, contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of an Internet of Things platform. Development will be primarily in Java, C#, and Python.
- You will author high-quality, highly-performant, unit-tested code.
- You will demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- You will provide work estimates and facilitate design, implementation, and code reviews.
- You will develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery.
- You will maintain job knowledge by studying software development techniques and programming languages. Participate in educational opportunities and read professional publications.
- You will work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; create automated test scripts.
- You will work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve end-user problems.
- You will evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- You will recommend software tools to management and architecture teams.
- You will work with and mentor junior developers.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Electrical or Computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the software industry
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science preferred
- Extensive experience utilizing best practices in software engineering
- Extensive experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Extensive experience developing and deploying applications in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem.
- Teamwork, communication, strong interpersonal skills across cultural and organizational boundaries
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Expert level skills in Java and/or C# and associated IDE’s (Visual Studio, Eclipse, IntelliJ, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of Windows operating systems and their associated development platforms
- Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts
- Expert level object oriented design and programming skills, including the use of design patterns
- Extensive knowledge of networking protocols and concepts (websockets, http, tcp, mqtt, amqp)
- Solid understanding of network and distributed computing concepts
- Working knowledge of one other programming language (Java, C#, C++, Python, etc.)
- Thorough understanding of relational and non-relational database systems
- Working knowledge of microservices and reactive streams
- Extensive knowledge of CI/CD concepts, tools, and technologies
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time