Senior Financial Analyst
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America division is currently seeking a Senior Analyst to join our Regional Finance team. This position is based at our Galesburg, MI facility.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support financial activities of the Eaton Cummins Joint Venture (ECJV) North America entity. You will be responsible for the general ledger daily activities and bookkeeping which includes the interface with plants, Headquarters and the ECJV finance team. The incumbent will ensure appropriate controls are in place to meet all the requirements concerning month end, forecast and profit plan accounting deliverables (i.e. managerial reports, reconciliations, etc.). This role requires broad knowledge of accounting practices and principles including the preparation of risks and opportunities analysis from an accounting standpoint to management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will support rollup of assigned accounting activities for the SLP Plant, ECJV Team/Galesburg HQ and Distribution ledgers (KM and ELC) in accordance with corporate and division policies and procedures. Is actively involved in general accounting, cost accounting, product line reporting, budgeting and planning functions
You will be responsible for coordinating results of plants on a monthly basis, along with all division ledgers and drive the forecast process for manufacturing operations
You will develop NAFTA based COGS model for respective product lines to calibrate and validate plant financial assumptions and supporting Profit and Strategic Planning Process
You will support both Vehicle Group and ECJV Finance teams to record and track Eaton Associated Loss driven by the ECJV performance as well as associated fees between the businesses as well as support the compliance of the Eaton-Cummins Business Agreements in place
You will serve a key role supporting internal control/SOX requirements for VGNA and ECJV and reconcile division balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, ensuring compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures
You will work cross-functionally with supply chain to forecast and understand purchase price variance at bill of material level for two major product lines
You will analyze commercial activities on a monthly basis including mix and price analysis. Manage process for rebates and VDI
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of professional accounting and/or finance experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Corporate Sponsorship now or in the future
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI to be considered.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills.
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports.
- Cost accounting and / or manufacturing experience
- Deep knowledge of accounting principles (Statutory and USGAAP) and internal controls (SOX)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited institution
- Experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
- Working knowledge of US GAAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent analytical thinking skills, with close attention to detail and a drive for results
- Oracle, SAP, and/or HFM experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time