Municipal Sales Manager
Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking a Municipal Sales Manager to join our team. This position will be remotely based in either Chicago, IL. or Syracuse, NY.
- You will develop a sales plan and regional forecast for the defined Region in the municipal sports lighting markets. Collect, compile and analyze pertinent information in order to establish realistic goals for the market consistent with overall division goals of growth and profitability.
- You will demonstrate to customers the features and benefits of LED products and their superiority with regards to performance, costs savings, etc., as compared to traditionally sourced luminaires.
- You will establish, maintain and continually develop and foster successful and profitable business relationships with current and potential customers. Build strong working relationships with municipalities, civil engineers, agent partners, ESCO’s and other key players and end-users within the municipal sports lighting market places to create awareness and promote focus on LED products, technologies, and designs.
- You will assure that appropriate technical guidance and assistance regarding product application is available to customer by building collaborative relationships between the customer and internal support functions.
- You will maintain oversight and sales responsibility for our agent integrator program for outdoor sports lighting.
- You will keep current with legislative standards and regulations relating to energy-efficient products, tax and rebate incentives, etc.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a business-related field
Three years’ of direct B2B sales experience
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
This position does not offer relocation. Candidate must be located in Illinois, Wisconsin, Ohio, Missouri, Michigan, Kentucky, Tennessee, New York, Pennsylvania, or Massachusetts
Bachelor Degree in Business Management, Sports Management, Marketing or Engineering from an accredited institution
Sales experience from the pharmaceutical or industry is preferred
Three years sales experience in LED lighting products for sport lighting applications
Strong knowledge in Eaton’s Ephesus Lighting product lines
Strong PC skills, including Windows and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Ideally, this position would be filled by a candidate who resides in Chicago, IL.
Must have a strong technical aptitude and experience.
Must demonstrate leadership qualities to sell-up value.
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with many different teams across our business, including corporate.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
- Strong professional presence.
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, identify trends, and draw valid conclusions.
Able to build effective and collaborative relationships within and across departments and business units.
Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
Strong work ethic and ability to work independently.
Uses time productively to accomplish work goals.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time