Eaton’s Bussman division is currently seeking a District Sales Engineer to join our team.This position is based at our Cuautitlan facility.
The primary function of the District Sales Engineer is to sell bussmann series products and services to distributors & end users customers in the assigned geographic territory. This position will be responsible to achieve the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. It will be an expectation to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace. This position will need to coordinate sales for the assigned customer and distributor base. It has the responsibility to manage all aspects of the customer relationship, providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, customers, end users, government, OEM & integrators.
The primary functions include: providing sales and technical assistance with distributors, contractors, end users and Electrical Group personnel; provide timely and accurate information for order entry, while elevating quality issues to attention of management, and ensuring that accurate information flows to market intelligence data on competitive products, customer needs preference and buying habits; support distributor inventories and inventory turns by recommending specific products and levels to be stocked; and provide necessary reports and surveys requested in a timely manner.Some activities related with the position will be:
1) Accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support
2) Communication with customers, warehouse, and team members to facilitate problem resolution
3) Collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
4) Review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
5) Provide facility timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
6) Awareness of and responsiveness to market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to team members.
7) Plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Bussmann Division portfolio, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals in the assigned region.
8) Prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Minimum 3 years of experience in sales of electrical sector.
Experience in service main electrical distributors
Willingness to travel.
Excellent communication skills
Ability to communicate across various levels.
Ability to support team members and provide advice where necessary
Excellent business acumen
Ability to research, identify and asses market potential to engage in new projects
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Electrical, Control & Automation or Electronics.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: EPG CPD UL Bussmann
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time