Summer Intern, IT
Eaton Electrical is currently seeking an Intern to join our IT team! This position is based at our Burlington, ON facility.
The primary function of this position is to provide end user support, support device lifecycle management, and ensure compliance with all of Eaton's policies and procedures with minimal supervision. Our customers include all of Eaton’s users (local and remote).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Working on tickets and meeting defined service level agreements for the resolution of: incidents, requests, changes, and problems, as well as tasks assigned as part of one of those ticket types.
- PC/device lifecycle management - replacing outdated end user and infrastructure hardware when needed and planned for. This includes provisioning, asset management, and disposal.
- Ensure compliance with defined policies and procedures around end user client security and infrastructure, site IT disaster recovery planning, as well as participation in IT projects that require coordination, communication and/or implementation.
- Provides assistance to remote technical resources who administer network switches, servers and other IT infrastructure.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has in place accessibility policies for accommodating employees with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and require accommodations, please let the recruiter or hiring manager know so that we can work to make reasonable adjustments that best suit your needs. Accessibility information may be found at: http://www.eatoncanada.ca/EatonCA/OurCompany/Accessibility/index.htm”
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma required.
- Enrolled and returning to a College or University program or completing educational work term requirement (co-op)
- 18 years of age by May 1, 2019.
- Must live within 80km of the facility.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship
- Prior internship or co-op experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- ITIL foundations coursework
Position Success Criteria:
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability.
- Customer service skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CA Canada
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No