Quality Engineering Technician
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Quality Engineering Technician to join our first shift team. This position will be based at our brand new El Paso, TX facility.
The Quality Engineering Technician will support the analysis and solution of quality problems, processing/disposition of non-conforming material, preparation of inspection plans and instructions, training of inspectors under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors (if applicable). Lead/support/assist Quality/Warranty Supervisor and Engineer in continuous improvement of Quality process, including performing audits, validation calibration compliance and creating Quality documents in alignment with Quality Management System/EQS requirements. Ability to read documentation to make complete fact-based decisions & root cause analysis and to research job folders and identify components used in the assembly. Assist with Field Service Actions as needed. Assist with warranty claim processing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will support the analysis and solution of quality problems, disposition of non-conforming material, preparation of inspection plans and instructions, training of inspectors under the direction of quality engineers or supervisors (if applicable). Performs process / product audits in alignment with QMS / EQS requirements.
- You will develop and maintain robust quality processes, consistent with Eaton Quality System, ISO, and Eaton Lean practices by creating Standard Work, Work Instructions, Operator Method Sheets, workmanship standards,8D’s and Line Alerts and training operators for same.
- You will create/review/maintain pFMEA’s and control plans.
- You will perform FTY/Rework and root cause analysis, plus create corrective/preventive actions as required.
- You will act as an ISO Lead Auditor: Conduct quality audits of equipment and processes, coordinate audit schedules and manage & maintain internal audits & corrective action database.
- You will assist on audits with internal or external customers (requirements criteria) to help insure quality and continuous improvement of products. Product audit development, training others and backup
- You will adhere to Quality Control Plan compliance verification, including Crimp verification and Tooling/Gage calibration compliance for area assigned.
- You will work with manufacturing area for improvements to lead 8D/error proof teams and defects analysis. Drive FTY/Rework issues to closure for continual improvement.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience OR a degree in a technical discipline
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the El Paso, TX facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- 5-7 years of quality or engineering technician experience in an electrical manufacturing environment
- Experience working with electrical switchboards or Motor Control Centers
- Associate’s Degree in an engineering or related discipline
- Trained ISO Internal Auditor
- Experience working with blueprints
- Familiar with lean manufacturing principles and systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time