Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Technician to join our first shift team. This position will be based at our brand new El Paso, TX facility.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician will support Manufacturing Engineering by helping to drive continuous improvement in the electrical assembly operations. This position will assist in the conceptualization and execution of capital projects and development of manufacturing methods and processes. The position will support operations, maintenance and management of the facility, and capital assets (equipment, machinery, building, etc.) as well.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist in the determination of manufacturing methods, machinery or capacity to produce parts, sub-assemblies, and assemblies for new products or customer orders consistent with overall plant objectives.
- You will confer with engineering and production personnel on design changes and new product development programs.
- You will evaluate and implement the operation of new and existing machinery, tooling and other equipment.
- You will conduct time/motion studies to evaluate manufacturing capacities, costs, work cell layouts, and optimize manufacturing efficiencies.
- You will provide support to Eaton Lean Systems, Eaton Quality Systems, MESH and Pro Launch to achieve and maintain required levels of certification and performance.
- You will support plant process changes via the Change Management Process.
- You will generate, investigate, evaluate and implement cost improvement ideas and opportunities.
- You will gather data, information, time studies, and general process knowledge to help determine best utilization of equipment, facilities, material flow and personnel.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4 years manufacturing experience OR a degree in a technical discipline
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the El Paso, TX facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- 5-7 years of engineering technician experience in an electrical manufacturing environment
- Ability to read engineering drawings, understanding of basic CAD and drafting principles
- Experience working with electrical switchboards or Motor Control Centers
- Associate’s Degree in an engineering or related discipline
- Familiar with lean manufacturing principles and systems
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PDD PDAD Power Distribution Assemblies Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time