Eaton’s Industrial Controls division is currently seeking a Production Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Avery Creek facility.
The Production Manager is responsible for the operations and continuous improvement (CIF) for the plant. In this role you will need to learn basic functions in supply chain to serve as a backup when needed and to help drive efficiency improvements. The position reports directly to the Plant Manager and will be instrumental in managing the operations team in pursuit of safely driving profitable growth and ensure a safe work environment for all employees while driving a behavioral based zero incident safety culture.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage and coordinate the manufacturing/production activities to achieve maximum productivity at minimum cost, while maintaining world class levels of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- You will implement and enforce all policies, practices, and benefits while demonstrating effective leadership techniques to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all people working at the facility.
- You will be responsible for talent management, employee engagement and performance management and assessing current team members.
- You will provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- You will maintain schedules to achieve the optimal level of on-time to promise (OTP) and on-time to request (OTTR) while driving towards a monthly sales target.
- You will identify and implement methods and practices to achieve steady improvement in production efficiency, quality, and customer service using the continuous improvement framework.
- You will develop and implement standard work, visual factory, daily accountability, manning strategies, process checks, and team training.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Minimum 3 years Supervisor experience with Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the following Eaton locations: Avery Creek, NC.
- Minimum 5 years in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Minimum 5 years Supervisor experience with working knowledge of production processes and lean manufacturing techniques, 5S, and Six Sigma.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain
- Proactively implement, promote and maintain a safe working environment.
- Implement and sustain continuous improvement programs and manufacturing process improvements by applying appropriate Eaton Business System (EBS) processes and problem-solving tools.
- Self-starter who is interested in learning and is focused on promoting personal accountability by identifying goals, empowering employee decision making, and providing ongoing feedback on employee performance.
- Actively participate in setting, communicating and achieving department goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal skill, both oral and written.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD ICD Industrial Controls Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time