Senior Controls and Automation Engineer
Eaton’s Power Components division is currently seeking a Senior Controls and Automation Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility. Relocation is available.
The Horseheads plant is seeking a team player who is passionate about manufacturing with a background in automation and controls. This role will be responsible for measurably improving the performance metrics of the Horseheads plant (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Productivity) through the implementation of advanced manufacturing processes. This includes improvement of the existing processes and process equipment, and the purchase and installation of capital equipment, with a focus on process automation.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will proactively identify performance improvement opportunities and capitalize on these opportunities with the implementation of improved manufacturing processes and technologies while providing optimization of process performance and documenting these improvements in Standard Work Instructions.
- You will provide project management, coordination and manufacturing engineering expertise for select growth platforms.
- You will improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout. Use Lean Manufacturing techniques to achieve these results.
- You will apply working knowledge of product, process, and controls/automation, to measurably optimize the manufacturing process
- You will devise new solutions to existing manufacturing problems. Review planned changes and proactively identify and resolve issues with these changes.
- You will assure product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establish standards; confirm manufacturing process performance.
- You will provide manufacturing guidance with information derived by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- You will prepare product and process reports by collecting, reviewing, and summarizing information and trends.
- You will keep equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures; requesting special service.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Computer and /or Controls Engineering from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of two years of practical manufacturing engineering or automation engineering experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Experience where both process and equipment improvements were made.
- Proficient with Windows OS and Microsoft Office programs
- Proven proficiency in CAD using both 2D and 3D. (i.e. Inventor, Pro-E, etc)
- Knowledgeable of automated manufacturing, CNC and robotic operations including: (G,M-code, Ladder/Control Logics, PLC, SCADA, HMI) is preferred.
- Able to gather and analyze information, to quickly identify opportunities for process improvement. Able to develop alternative solutions and work well in a group problem solving situation
- Must have excellent communication, planning, negotiation and organizational skills and the ability to independently prioritize workload
- Effective interpersonal communications with proven ability to lead, critical thinking, acts strategically, build organizational capability while achieving results
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- You will actively seek out various educational and training opportunities to keep current and demonstrate continuous growth
- You will support all EHS functions, including MESH and ISO14001.
- You will actively participate in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaborating and cohesion when making changes in the facility.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time