Industrial Maintenance Electrician (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Power Components division is currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Electrician to join our team. This position is based at our Horseheads, NY facility.
The Electrician’s primary function is to assemble, install, maintain and repair electrical production/factory equipment. Fabricate special purpose units for electrical measurement. Control and communication systems.
You will read and interpret maintenance specifications, procedures, mechanical drawings, and wiring schematics.
You will use computer skills daily for interaction using a computerized maintenance management software system. Also must be able to use the internet as a tool for locating parts, downloading manuals, and at times diagnosing problems.
Knowledge in the use of PLC’s for troubleshooting automated equipment such as CNC machines, robots, vacuum furnaces, other automated equipment. Ability to understand and trouble shoot control wiring circuits, motor controls, VFD’s, transformers, make upgrades and modifications if necessary.
You will observe National Electrical Code and plant electrical standards.
You will fabricate parts using simple machine tools such as, drill press, band saw, pipe threading machine, shear and break press.
You will perform preventative maintenance on all types of electrical factory and production related equipment.
You will perform all job requirements of "Electronic Electrician EE".
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a two-year technical degree in Electrical/Electronic or approved Apprenticeship program certificate in Electrical/Electronics.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ electrical industrial maintenance experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Horseheads, NY will be considered
- PLC Experience
- Minimum of three years prior experience troubleshooting CNC machines
- Minimum of three years’ experience with hi voltage testing equipment
- Knowledge of vacuum furnace technology
Position Success Criteria:
You will need to provide your own hand tools and lockable toolbox.
The candidate has be able to work days, nights, and/or weekends for training and overtime purposes.
- Excellent understanding of industrial power, control and communication system failures. Diagnose cause and make system repairs per appropriate specifications
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No