Application Engineer - Power Systems Controls
- You will quote Power Systems Controls opportunities in the West & Gulf Zones
- You will provide a monthly report out of negotiation activities and provide a quarterly presentation highlighting market conditions
- You will review customer specifications and bid documents and provide custom proposals and develop tools to automate proposal creation
- You will document and organize all proposals on PSC’s share drive
- You will develop pricing for common applications and integrate that pricing into PSC’s quotation tool
- You will create marketing collateral for promotion of PSC’s business internally and externally pursue professional development in areas of growing market opportunity
- You will contribute to the annual Application Engineering conference
- Assist with order-entry and hand-off to PSC engineers
- Engineering Degree or minimum of 10 years of field service or project management and/or proposal generation experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the electrical industry.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with project engineering and programming experience in power system applications.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- NO relocation is being offered for this position. Must reside within a 50 mile radius of Wilson, OR or Littleton, CO or Bellevue, WA or San Diego, CA or Pleasanton, CA.
Professional Engineer registration
Engineering Degree (Electrical Preferred)
- Proposal generation experience specifically related to maintaining and modernizing electrical power distribution systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the electrical industry related application engineering and proposal development experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Eaton and competitor automation hardware including programmable logic controllers, remote terminal units and multi-function protective relays
- Strong understanding of multi-source and paralleling switchgear controls
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Provide support to Eaton Application Engineers in efforts to influence customer and consultation specifications
- Work evenings or weekends to satisfy Bid-Due-Dates
- Ability to travel, up to 20%.
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time